[comp.sys.amiga.emulations] Save settings in A-Max?

pst@lne.kth.se (Jesper Karlsson) (03/15/91)

In previous post there was someone mentioning a program to save the
settings of the Mac ControlPanel. Could someone please tell me where
to find this program by ftp or maybe mail it to me.

/Jesper Karlsson
pst@elin.lne.kth.se

JKT100@psuvm.psu.edu (JKT) (03/15/91)

For those of you looking for accessories for A-Max, like mouse
accelerators, control panel settings savers, etc., try this
FTP site:
           36.44.0.6

There are lots of goodies in the "info-mac" directory.

ericb@athertn.Atherton.COM (Eric Black) (03/16/91)

In article <009459CC.711E7900@lne.kth.se> pst@lne.kth.se (Jesper Karlsson) writes:
>In previous post there was someone mentioning a program to save the
>settings of the Mac ControlPanel. Could someone please tell me where
>to find this program by ftp or maybe mail it to me.

I was told about, and was able to find, such a beast called "Disk
Param".  It's a startup program, just put it in your System folder, and
it lurks in the background, saving any control panel setting changes
into a disk file which it reads next time you start up.  It is
available for FTP from host [36.44.0.6], in the directory info-mac/util,
the file is named disk-param.hqx.  It needs to be uudecoded, then binhex'd,
then unstuffed -- see your local Mac software packrat for help, I did.

It seems to do the job as advertised.  The problem I have with it is that
my AMAX-II "Mac" locks up randomly when I run disk-param.  I have since
decided that I'd rather set the mouse speed, sound parameters, and ram
cache size each time I start up AMAX for the first time rather than have
it lose work for me (I'm good enough at that myself, without help :-)

Does anyone have any clues as to why this happens?  Is there another
program that does the same job but is more sociable?

-Eric

--
Eric Black	"Garbage in, Gospel out"
Atherton Technology, 1333 Bordeaux Dr., Sunnyvale, CA, 94089

hawk@pnet01.cts.com (John Anderson) (03/16/91)

>For those of you looking for accessories for A-Max, like mouse
>accelerators, control panel settings savers, etc., try this
>FTP site:
>           36.44.0.6
>
>There are lots of goodies in the "info-mac" directory.

For those that can't FTP does anyone know a BBS that has some of these
A-Max utilities?  Preferably 9600 bps to keep long distance charges down.
Thanks.

JKT100@psuvm.psu.edu (JKT) (03/16/91)

>...question about having trouble with disk-param, and is there something
>else better to use...?

I only needed to accelerate my mouse; didn't much care about the rest
of the control panel settings besides the clock, and A-Max sets your
clock for you.  So what I use is Pointer Device.  I don't remember
the exact filename in the info-mac directory of 36.44.0.6, but it is
close to "pointer-dev.hqx".  It is a control panel device that gives
you VERY precise control over your mouse's acceleration threshholds,
and will implement them upon startup each time.  Voila!  No more slow
mouse!  :-)

And just a quick note; A previous poster said that ".hqx" files needed
to be uudecoded...   They do not.  They only need to be unBinHexed
and then UnStuffed.

                                                            Kurt
|| Kurt Tappe   (215) 363-9485  || With.   Without.   And who'll       ||
|| 184 W. Valley Hill Rd.       || deny it's what the fighting's       ||
|| Malvern, PA 19355-2214       || all about?    -  Pink Floyd         ||
||  jkt100@psuvm.bitnet  jkt100%psuvm.bitnet@psuvax1  QLink: KurtTappe ||

rbabel@babylon.rmt.sub.org (Ralph Babel) (03/18/91)

(Jesper Karlsson) writes:

> In previous post there was someone mentioning a program to
> save the settings of the Mac ControlPanel. Could someone
> please tell me where to find this program by ftp or maybe
> mail it to me.

It's called "A-Max V2.06". :-)

Ralph