[comp.sys.amiga.emulations] Bridge over troubled waters

davidb@psych.toronto.edu (David Brodbeck) (03/19/91)

I'm having some weird problems with my XT Bridgecard.  It seems to only
Boot when it wants to (which is usually after a cold reset).  As well
it tends to lock up an awful lot, espcially when I use any Janus utilities.

I'm using Janus 2.0 and a *used* Bridgeboard with a 3rd party 5 1/4 drive.
*Sometimes I hook an A1010 up to the bridgeboard too)

Any ideas?
Thanks
Dave
--
                          Dave Brodbeck - U of T Psych
                     The chickadees are not what they seem

In article <1991Mar18.224021.23895@psych.toronto.edu> davidb@psych.toronto.edu (David Brodbeck) writes:

>I'm having some weird problems with my XT Bridgecard.  It seems to only
>Boot when it wants to (which is usually after a cold reset).  As well
>it tends to lock up an awful lot, espcially when I use any Janus utilities.

Always the same hint when a bridgeboard behaves unpredictable:
Draw it out of its slot, lay it flat on your table. Look at every IC.
If any IC looks not seated 100% properly, extract it (but not the
square LCC chips), and replug it properly. Then press every chip
(also the not extracted ones) firmly into their sockets. At last
reseat the board firmly into its slot. If it doesn't help, repeat
the whole procedure. It has helped me wonders at some time. And as
you tell you have a used bridgeboard, it seems even more likely
that your problems lye here in the area of contacts.