[comp.sys.amiga.emulations] BBoard

Erik_Whiteway@resbbs.UUCP (Erik Whiteway) (03/28/91)

Does anybody out there have a 2088bridge board that they use? I have one and
hardly use it. Anyone know if you can somehow use the amiga 3.5 interinal
drive with the board? what is the most recient update of janus? I have no
extra software other than janus, I want to use the bboard alot to do school
work so I want to make it work good!  Has anyone accelerated it or added more
mem?                                     Thanks.
                                            Erik Whiteway

In article <Erik_Whiteway.3210@resbbs.UUCP> Erik_Whiteway@resbbs.UUCP (Erik Whiteway) writes:
>Does anybody out there have a 2088bridge board that they use? I have one and
>hardly use it. Anyone know if you can somehow use the amiga 3.5 interinal
>drive with the board?

Well, you can use it in a certain way, via the JLINK command (see manual),
but then this floppy is still AmigaDOS format. Yet you can always use
public domain (or commercial) tools like Messydos (CrossDOS, Dos2Dos) to
read and write MS-DOS format on your Amiga drives.

>  Has anyone accelerated it or added more
>mem?                                     Thanks.

Yes, some have used such "Above Boards" or 386sx accelerators (hmm, the
latter perhaps only with the AT BB). There also exist little expansion
cards to fill up the memory to 640 K and optionally provide a serial
interface.

Erik_Whiteway@resbbs.UUCP (Erik Whiteway) (03/29/91)

Does everyone BBoard fit as bad as mine does into the 2000?
Worps out like a cm or so. Thats probly why all my chips keep coming out.
                                              Erik Whiteway
 o   O

 _____