[comp.sys.amiga.emulations] MS-DOS format on SPARC?

rajah@graft.Berkeley.EDU (Raja S Kushalnagar) (04/01/91)

A few months ago, I noticed on one of the c.s.a.* newsgroups
someone posting information about msparctools or something like
that.  Essentially, it allowed one to write out to the sparc
floppy (/dev/fd0)? in MS-DOS format, from the Unix side.
Anyway, I think he said it was available on some finnish site.

Could someone direct me to a site that has this, or post it to me?

It would be very useful, especially in combination with MSH -- no
overnight downloads at an excrutiatingly slow 2400 baud rate....
Just write to /dev/fd0 on the sparc, and go home, and read in from
MSH: on the amiga.

	Raja.

I don't need no stinkin' .sig!

rick@ADS.COM (Rick Chestek) (04/03/91)

In article <41540@ucbvax.BERKELEY.EDU> rajah@graft.Berkeley.EDU (Raja S Kushalnagar) writes:
>A few months ago, I noticed on one of the c.s.a.* newsgroups
>someone posting information about msparctools or something like
>that.  Essentially, it allowed one to write out to the sparc
>floppy (/dev/fd0)? in MS-DOS format, from the Unix side.
>Anyway, I think he said it was available on some finnish site.
>	Raja.

Check out the FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) posting in
comp.sys.amiga.introduction - it has all the info you need.
(It is available at at least one U.S. site.)

		-- rick
--
Dr. R. Chestek                      Advanced Decision Systems
Scene Analysis Dept. Manager        1500 Plymouth Street