[comp.sys.amiga.emulations] Bridgeboard & HD emulation

John_McKechnie@mindlink.UUCP (John McKechnie) (04/03/91)

In article <13047@ur-cc.UUCP> gsgi_ltd@uhura.cc.rochester.edu (Gregory Gibson)
writes:
>I have noticed two problems with my A2286. 1. When using Wordperfect,
>during the auto-backup-saving of my document, characters are lost
>from the keyboard buffer.  Does this have to do with #2?
>
>2. The HD emulation is very slow?  Would an 8bit hd card for the IBM speed
>things up.  Would I need 40ms or is 20ms really really much much better.
>I am leaving the 16bit slot open for more memory - is this stupid? Should
>I put a 16bit HD card there?
(stuff deleted)

If you're good with solder wick, you could add an extra 16 bit slot or two to
any 2000.  The traces and holes are there for the edge connector on all IBM
slots.  You just need to remove the solder the wave soldering process left
behind.