[comp.sys.amiga.emulations] Somebody ougta make a ZX81 emulator!

pilgrim@daimi.aau.dk (Jakob G}rdsted) (04/02/91)

Well, that subject says it all. I've seen the ZX spectrum
emulator, and it makes me wonder what it would take to
do a zx81 emulator. It should be possible to make it
relatively fast AND 99.99 "compatible". If one could xploit
the fact, that the z80 does not have to build the screen too.
(the machine goes 4 times faster in FAST mode). I really
like the idea, but I'm no programmer. At least I'm not
that good, so I just thought I'd mention it, if the
man/woman who wants to do the job just needed to be reminded.

Well, nostalgia is for me. And no, this is not an april joke!@
------------------
I hate April 1. Even if I state, that it's NOT a 1. of april
joke, people won't be sure!
--
From the notorious
                      Jakob Gaardsted, Computer Science Department

davem@hp-lsd.COS.HP.COM (Dave K. Martin) (04/06/91)

Yeah!  A ZX-81 Emulator.  It would probably be easier than fixing the
ZX-81 (assuming that I could even find it :-).

It probably wouldn't be too practical but it's nice to know that
someone else in the world likes the ZX-81.
Actually, a ZX-81 was my first computer.  Which led to a C-64, which
led to an A-500, which led to an A-2000, which led to an A-1000.....

dave

carlos@garfield.cs.mun.ca (Carlos Borges) (04/11/91)

davem@hp-lsd.COS.HP.COM (Dave K. Martin) writes:
>Yeah!  A ZX-81 Emulator.  It would probably be easier than fixing the
>ZX-81 (assuming that I could even find it :-).

There's a ZX81 Emulator (with a bunch of PD programs) available from
the atari.archive (atari.archive.umich.edu, I think) for the Atari ST.
Since there's an ST emulator for the Amiga, why not run it, and then run
the ZX81 emulator?  Impress your friends! Running a ZX81 on an Atari, on
an Amiga... :-)

--
C. Miguel Borges     |"Cyberspace. A consensual hallucination...     |||
carlos@odie.cs.mun.ca|Unthinkable complexity. Lines of light ranged  |||