[comp.sys.amiga.emulations] Mac drive

anderson@mrcnext.cso.uiuc.edu (Brent James Anderson) (04/22/91)

I have the Amax cartridge and AmaxII software and 128k Apple ROMS but...

I was wondering if anyone has tried to wire their Mac drive directly to the
external Amiga drive port and use the Amax software ROM hack to access the
drive.  If so, please describe your success/failure.

-Beej

jackf@pnet01.cts.com (Jack Fitchett) (04/23/91)

        You cannot connect the mac drive directly, trust me, I have the
blown parts to show you.  However, there is a file with schematic and
instructions to breadboard the interface to a mac drive, simple circuit,
2 chips I belive.  If I new how to upload/download files on Pnet I'd
send it to you.  It is availible on several boards, if your on Genie I
can post it there.

UUCP: {hplabs!hp-sdd ucsd nosc}!crash!pnet01!jackf
ARPA: crash!pnet01!jackf@nosc.mil
INET: jackf@pnet01.cts.com

doctorj@en.ecn.purdue.edu (Jeffrey W Davis) (04/24/91)

In article <8763@crash.cts.com> jackf@pnet01.cts.com (Jack Fitchett) writes:

>        You cannot connect the mac drive directly, trust me, I have the
>blown parts to show you.  However, there is a file with schematic and
>instructions to breadboard the interface to a mac drive, simple circuit,
>2 chips I belive.  If I new how to upload/download files on Pnet I'd
>send it to you.  It is availible on several boards, if your on Genie I
>can post it there.

Could someone please upload this schematic to ab20?  Or let me know where
it can be found via ftp?

I have a Mac drive and NO information on the pinout or signal differences.
Thanks ahead of time...

>UUCP: {hplabs!hp-sdd ucsd nosc}!crash!pnet01!jackf
>ARPA: crash!pnet01!jackf@nosc.mil
>INET: jackf@pnet01.cts.com

* Jeff Davis                * Relax! And get into    ///  *
* doctorj@en.ecn.purdue.edu * the STRESS!!!         ///   *
*                           * -Gigahertz!-  Amiga\XX/ 882 *
	    -=[ In Stereo Where Available ]=-