[comp.sys.amiga.emulations] AMax and the program RamSave / RamRead ...

guy@ns.network.com (Guy D'Andrea) (04/24/91)

Well I spent quite a few hours last night trying to get this program to work
for me.  It's at ab20 (called AmaxRam somthing...).  Anyway, I have a 2000
with 6 megs of added ram and 1Meg Fatter Agnus installed.
I did a RAMREAD 0x300000 0x500000 AmaxRam
because I set up my AMax ramdisk for 49xxK.  Anyone got this thing to work for
them?

--
 Guy Dandrea, Network Systems Corp.                       //
 guy@nsco.network.com #129.191.1.1                    \\ //

young@spica.ucsc.edu (Sing Z.S. Young) (04/25/91)

In article <1991Apr24.123130.5399@ns.network.com> guy@ns.network.com (Guy D'Andrea) writes:
>Well I spent quite a few hours last night trying to get this program to work
>for me.  It's at ab20 (called AmaxRam somthing...).  Anyway, I have a 2000
>with 6 megs of added ram and 1Meg Fatter Agnus installed.
>I did a RAMREAD 0x300000 0x500000 AmaxRam
>because I set up my AMax ramdisk for 49xxK.  Anyone got this thing to work for
>them?

There is a bug in the program. In "ramsave.c", the variables
"amaxbuglen" and "start" are assigned with the constant 0x500000 in the
declaration, instead of taking their values from the command line (i.e.
amaxbuflen = arg[2] and start = arg[1]). Thus, the program only works
for the case of <ramsave 0x500000 0x500000 FileName>.

I have spent 1 and 1/2/ hours on this program before I check the source
code and found the bug. I did send a mail to the author right away to
notify him of this. I hope the author can check the program again and
upload the fixed version to abc20 soon.

S. Young