[comp.sys.amiga.emulations] AmaxRAM has been corrected

hastings@unislc.uucp (Clint Hastings) (04/29/91)

My posting of AmaxRam.lzh to the ab20 archive contained an error
in that it always saved a 5 meg ram disk.  That error has been
corrected.  The new file is currently in /incoming/amiga/amaxram.lzh,
uploaded Apr 23 16:42 with a length of 13739.  I sent mail to
ftp@ab20 to remove the bad file in /amiga/utils/emulators, but it
has not been done yet.

Sorry. clint          email: hastings@ee.utah.edu

guy@ns.network.com (Guy D'Andrea) (04/30/91)

In article <1991Apr29.140654.190@unislc.uucp> hastings@unislc.uucp (Clint Hastings) writes:
>My posting of AmaxRam.lzh to the ab20 archive contained an error
>in that it always saved a 5 meg ram disk.  That error has been
>corrected.  The new file is currently in /incoming/amiga/amaxram.lzh,
>uploaded Apr 23 16:42 with a length of 13739.  I sent mail to
>ftp@ab20 to remove the bad file in /amiga/utils/emulators, but it
>has not been done yet.
>
>Sorry. clint          email: hastings@ee.utah.edu

OK, maybe it was me but last night I tried the "updated" version and in the
middle of a RamSave everything stopped?!  I had to re-boot which gave me the
prompt, "Error Validating Disk, Key 58109 bad header type".  Now my 2nd
hardrive won't let my do anything on it because the disk can't validate...
I used the command on my 2nd hard disk:
RamSave 0x200000 0x600000 AmaxRam
I have 6 megs of expansion ram (because of my Bridgeboard that is the max I
can have) so I THINK I did this right...  Anyone any help on this?  Is there a
way of repairing without having to re-format the drive?  I can copy stuff off,
just not able to write onto it...

--
 Guy Dandrea, Network Systems Corp.                       //
 guy@nsco.network.com #129.191.1.1                    \\ //