[comp.sys.amiga.emulations] ATONCE

vidiot.bbs@shark.cs.fau.edu (Eric Rankin) (04/25/91)

i have no idea why i'm stuck in caps lock...according to my terminal, caps
is off, but according to my eyes, its not--sorry

anyway, on top of ugly text, i am probably asking a silly/obvious question,
regarding the atonce.  will the atonce support ibm expansion cards?  i'm
guessing not since it doesn't "bridge" the slots, but i have to ask.

thanks,
  eric

jackf@pnet01.cts.com (Jack Fitchett) (04/27/91)

        Just got an ATonce Thursday.  It worked first time, sorta.
        Seems to have the following peculiartities in case anyone
        else hase seen them.

        1.  If you let it get warm it locks up.  (Added a fan)
        2.  Can't get mouse to work, nor modem to work with Carbon
            Copy.
        3.  Norton Si is 6.2 in 2 color modes like Herc, otherwise it's
            around 2.9  Same holds for other speed test, lower the bit-
            planes, faster ATonces.
        4.  Can't seem to find a way to kill it.  Even a Ctrl Amiga Amiga
            returns me to the Atonce screen.  Power on/off is the only way
            to get rid of it that I've found.

        Also:  I must be confused.  My A500 is new, and the manual shows
        a fat agnes.  has agnes always been fat?  IE is fat agnes 512K
        and the new 1 meg agnes is the Fater or super-fat (perhaps obese)
        agnes?  I guess I don't understand women.

        Anyhow, I'm not entirely dissatisified with it, it does work, but
        I think I'll get a Bridge Board anyway eventually....

        Welcome all comments.

UUCP: {hplabs!hp-sdd ucsd nosc}!crash!pnet01!jackf
ARPA: crash!pnet01!jackf@nosc.mil
INET: jackf@pnet01.cts.com

In article <Bk9w11w163w@shark.cs.fau.edu> vidiot.bbs@shark.cs.fau.edu (Eric Rankin) writes:
>i have no idea why i'm stuck in caps lock...according to my terminal, caps
>is off, but according to my eyes, its not--sorry

Hmm, this arrived all lowercase.

>anyway, on top of ugly text, i am probably asking a silly/obvious question,
>regarding the atonce.  will the atonce support ibm expansion cards?  i'm
>guessing not since it doesn't "bridge" the slots, but i have to ask.

It won't, I'm sure. I saw a photo of the A2000 adapter, it's the normal
atonce put on a slightly bigger card with a few ICs, going into the CPU
slot (or Zorro?) of the A2000. But to make use of the PC slots, you would
need something similar to the bridgeboards, that at least has a physical
connection to them.

dtiberio@eeserv1.ic.sunysb.edu (David Tiberio) (05/01/91)

In article <8863@crash.cts.com> jackf@pnet01.cts.com (Jack Fitchett) writes:
>        a fat agnes.  has agnes always been fat?  IE is fat agnes 512K
>        and the new 1 meg agnes is the Fater or super-fat (perhaps obese)
>        agnes?  I guess I don't understand women.

  Yes, Agnus is Fat Agnus for a500 and a2000. a1000 uses Lean Agnus.

--
    David Tiberio  SUNY Stony Brook 2-3481  AMIGA  DDD-MEN  Tomas Arce
           Any students from SUNY Oswego? Please let me know! :)

                   Un ragazzo di Casalbordino, Italia.