[comp.sys.amiga.emulations] Bridgeboards and the A3000

rkent@sparc1.sparc1.csubak.edu (rick kent stu) (05/07/91)

On the subject of Bridgeboards, is anybody from Commodore willing to
state whether some new bridgeboards are actually in the works?  I have
an A3000 and would really like a good bridgeboard.  One thing I find
annoying about the existing bridgeboard packages is that they come with
a 5.25 inch drive.  Since the A3000 has no place to put this drive,
I'd rather not have to pay for one.  I think the 5.25'' drive should be
offered separately.  If this were done then the price of the bridgeboard
could be dropped (maybe $100 or more).  This would then bring the mail
order price of the XT Bridgeboard to about $350, which is getting to be
quite affordable.  If someone really wants a 5.25 inch drive they could
simply buy it separately.  Just seems to me like this would be a more
sensible marketing solution.

--
Rick Kent                                              // Only
California State University, Bakersfield             \X/  Amiga!

JBK4@psuvm.psu.edu (05/07/91)

Why not have an optional 3.5 inch drive for the bridgeboards?  Most of the peop
le I know with IBMs are using 3.5 inch drives not 5.25.  Commodore could includ
e an optional 1.52M 3.5inch drive with their current bridgeboards and make it a
standard with any new bridgeboards(386?).

Jason Koszarsky, JBK4@PSUVM.PSU.EDU

jet@karazm.math.uh.edu (J Eric Townsend) (05/07/91)

In article <1991May6.111722.594@nic.csu.net> rkent@sparc1.sparc1.csubak.edu (rick kent stu) writes:
>On the subject of Bridgeboards, is anybody from Commodore willing to
>state whether some new bridgeboards are actually in the works?  I have
>an A3000 and would really like a good bridgeboard.  One thing I find

Same here.  If my luck holds out, I'll soon have a chance to buy a Targa-16,
camera, and film recorder at an amazingly low price.  I'd love to be able
to stuff the Targa and an AT-board into my 3000 instead of buying a
PClone...

--
J. Eric Townsend - jet@uh.edu - bitnet: jet@UHOU - vox: (713) 749-2120
Skate UNIX or bleed, boyo...

cpmwc@marlin.jcu.edu.au (Matthew W Crowd) (05/08/91)

In article <91127.081857JBK4@psuvm.psu.edu> JBK4@psuvm.psu.edu writes:
>Why not have an optional 3.5 inch drive for the bridgeboards?  Most of the peop
>le I know with IBMs are using 3.5 inch drives not 5.25.  Commodore could includ
>e an optional 1.52M 3.5inch drive with their current bridgeboards and make it a
>standard with any new bridgeboards(386?).
>
>Jason Koszarsky, JBK4@PSUVM.PSU.EDU

Although it does come with 5.25" drives, my dealer said he would swap it
for a 3.5" at no extra cost, I thought most dealers would do this?

matt.

In article <1991May7.154640.12182@menudo.uh.edu> jet@karazm.math.uh.edu (J Eric Townsend) writes:
>In article <1991May6.111722.594@nic.csu.net> rkent@sparc1.sparc1.csubak.edu (rick kent stu) writes:
>>On the subject of Bridgeboards, is anybody from Commodore willing to
>>state whether some new bridgeboards are actually in the works?  I have
>>an A3000 and would really like a good bridgeboard.  One thing I find
>
>Same here.  If my luck holds out, I'll soon have a chance to buy a Targa-16,
>camera, and film recorder at an amazingly low price.  I'd love to be able
>to stuff the Targa and an AT-board into my 3000 instead of buying a
>PClone...

	Active Circuits makes a program that used to be called
ImageLink (they just renamed it) which will send a file from the
AMiga directly to the Targa board.
>--
>J. Eric Townsend - jet@uh.edu - bitnet: jet@UHOU - vox: (713) 749-2120
>Skate UNIX or bleed, boyo...
>(UNIX is a trademark of Unix Systems Laboratories).

	-- Ethan

"Brain! Brain! What is Brain?"