[comp.sys.amiga.emulations] Help! ATonce

ak698@cleveland.Freenet.Edu (Timothy Stark) (05/13/91)

Hello Everyone:

    I have some problems with my new ATonce AT-emulator. When I
configurated ATonce to 640K base memory on my 1 MB amiga 500,it crashed
immediately during memory check after 512K again and again. Sometimes
it crashed system and threw weird garbage on my screen. I re-configurated
it to 512K to resolve problems. My manual told me that I can do 640K
with 1 MB amiga 500.

    I tried to connect Prodigy system by using Prodigy software. During
login procedure (Highlights screen), serial port ceased to function and
client software displayed communications problem screen with two
message codes: OMCM 9 and CM 6. At work, it worked fine. After highlights
screen loaded, communication ceased to function and prodigy system tried
to send "hello, are you there" message code to my ATonce and it do not
response.

     Does anyone know that mail order or store can sell MS-DOS 4.01?
Comp-USA refuse to sell MS-DOS 4.01 unless I purchase system from Comp-USA
within 30 days. Due to stupid Microsoft policy, I unable to buy MS-DOS
4.01!!! I hear that Microsoft plans to release MS-DOS 5.0 in June 15th
for cheaper price. So I can buy it without restriction that WandenSoftware
told me that.

     Does anyone know about latest release of emulation software (1.2)?
I need it for my ATonce because I have release 1.1 which seems have
some bugs because of above. Or are there new hardware upgrade of
ATonce board? Does anyone can fix my problems about? If so, I will
appericate that. Thanks!

     My system lists are:

     Amiga 500 Rev 5.0
     Amiga 501 512K memory expansion
     CA-880 second floppy disk drive.
     SupraModem 2400
     ATonce Rev 2.0
     Kickstart 1.2/Workbench 1.3.2
     ATonce emulation softwarew 1.1

-- Tim Stark

--
Timothy Stark              Internet: ak698@cleveland.freenet.edu
5 West Glebe Rd, Apt B8    Work: (202) 377-9606 TDD/TTY only Prodigy: XRFR50A

k32063m@taltta.hut.fi (Tony(k) Lindstr|m) (05/13/91)

In article <9105130012.AA21655@cwns10.INS.CWRU.Edu> ak698@cleveland.Freenet.Edu writes:

>Hello Everyone:
>
>    I have some problems with my new ATonce AT-emulator. When I
>configurated ATonce to 640K base memory on my 1 MB amiga 500,it crashed
>immediately during memory check after 512K again and again. Sometimes
>it crashed system and threw weird garbage on my screen. I re-configurated
>it to 512K to resolve problems. My manual told me that I can do 640K
>with 1 MB amiga 500.

Hmmm.. When I tried with 1 MB it gave 640 kb and it worked fine...???

>    I tried to connect Prodigy system by using Prodigy software. During
>login procedure (Highlights screen), serial port ceased to function and
>client software displayed communications problem screen with two
>message codes: OMCM 9 and CM 6. At work, it worked fine. After highlights
>screen loaded, communication ceased to function and prodigy system tried
>to send "hello, are you there" message code to my ATonce and it do not
>response.

In the software version 1.1 there indeed is a bug when using the serial
port with modem. If you use Procomm and 8 databit it works fine but using
7 databits doesnt't work properly...maybe it is the same bug that causes
your problem...

>     Does anyone know about latest release of emulation software (1.2)?
>I need it for my ATonce because I have release 1.1 which seems have
>some bugs because of above. Or are there new hardware upgrade of
>ATonce board? Does anyone can fix my problems about? If so, I will
>appericate that. Thanks!

Well the latest release is Version 1.27 -3/91 and the bug above explained
(and others) is fixed. There is also included a support for monochrome EGA
and VGA. These emulations work with many programs but not all...

If you are a registered user You should get the update automatically...
but maybe you should contact vortex for shore...

>-- Tim Stark

One satisfied ATonce user with some contacts...

tonyk@otax.hut.fi        Tony           Use a Mac, paint it black!
k32063m@taltta.hut.fi	 Lindstro"m	    Use a PC, in a WC!