[comp.sys.amiga.emulations] RobotWar

uzun@pnet01.cts.com (Roger Uzun) (05/16/91)

[]
I saw C-Robots and it is not nearly as good as RobotWar was.

I hear there is a super C-RObots with graphics, maybe it is as good,
but RobotWar was a real blast.

-Roger

UUCP: {hplabs!hp-sdd ucsd nosc}!crash!pnet01!uzun
ARPA: crash!pnet01!uzun@nosc.mil
INET: uzun@pnet01.cts.com

davewt@NCoast.ORG (David Wright) (05/17/91)

In article <1991May15.173626.3101@crash.cts.com> uzun@pnet01.cts.com (Roger Uzun) writes:
>[]
>I saw C-Robots and it is not nearly as good as RobotWar was.
	Perhaps you saw an older text-only version, which was the first
C-Robots I ever saw ported to the Amiga. My port was not based on that version,
but rather was a completely redone port from the Unix/PC version, to which I
added many new features, enhanced the C compiler, and added graphics.

>I hear there is a super C-RObots with graphics, maybe it is as good,
>but RobotWar was a real blast.
	RobotWar was my favorite game for the Apple. C-Robots is every bit as
good (and in fact, better, as the language is more powerfull, and the programs
can be bigger. The one thing that C-Robots really isn't quite as good as
RobotWar in is the "debugging" mode. RobotWar allowed you to have a variable
speed "slow run" mode, in which you could watch the program single step on
it's own. I fully intend to add this to the next version of C-Robots, along
with an option to "display" the matches, as you could do in RobotWar. The
match mode in C-Robots makes it much more likely that you will find the
"truely" better robot, as you can easily run 30-40 matches in a very short
time, whereas displaying the matches could take hours.
	Do you have any actual complaints about C-Robots? If so, let me know.
As soon as I get done with my new multiplayer space game I will start work on
the new version of C-Robots, and I would be interested in getting any input I
can before I start.

			Dave