[comp.sys.amiga.emulations] 386 emulating an Amiga

kent@vf.jsc.nasa.gov (05/15/91)

I just downloaded a program for the PC that claims to be an Amiga
emulator that runs on a MS-DOS 386 machine.  I do not trust it since it comes
with almost no documentation.

Has anyone heard anything about it.

I downloaded it off our Club bulletin board:
Club Amiga (Houston TX)  (713) 528-7511. its about 150K

Any information would be appreciated......

--

Mike Kent -  	Lockheed Engineering and Sciences Company at NASA JSC
		2400 NASA Rd One, Houston, TX 77058 (713) 483-3791

jms@vanth.UUCP (Jim Shaffer) (05/16/91)

In article <1991May14.112419.1@vf.jsc.nasa.gov> kent@vf.jsc.nasa.gov writes:

>I just downloaded a program for the PC that claims to be an Amiga
>emulator that runs on a MS-DOS 386 machine.  I do not trust it since it comes
>with almost no documentation.

There's a huge thread on Compuserve about this.  The bits I've read
basically state that (1) it doesn't run, and has no chance of running, and
(2) it contains a copy of Exec.  (I don't understand it either!)

--
*  From the disk of:  | jms@vanth.uucp		     | "You know I never knew
Jim Shaffer, Jr.      | amix.commodore.com!vanth!jms | that it could be so

glin@lehi3b15.csee.Lehigh.EDU (George Lin [900116]) (05/18/91)

My friend who has an IBM got this "Amiga Emualtor" also.
The documentation requires you to have KickStart 1.2 on a 5.25" disk
(or for drive A:).  None of them got the program to work.  Oh well.