[comp.sys.amiga.emulations] FastMax2; was: Amax on a 3000: need MacROM 2.0

jmw@sdchemg (John M. Wright) (05/21/91)

In article <1991May21.000934.23219@ee.rochester.edu> tombs@ee.rochester.edu (Thomas Tombs) writes:
[regarding attempts to get macrom2 to create a disk file copy of the Mac roms]
>I tried this and Amax still says it can not find the cartridge.
>Also, there is no file that was created that contains the rom image.

Precisely my experience.

>I also tried FastMax2 and it didn't work either. It says it cannot
>find the file execute_me.
>
>Any other Ideas?
>(If it matters: I am using WB2.02 A-Max2.06 and an amiga 3000)

I finally gave up on trying to get macrom2 to create a rom image file.
I did get FastMax2 to work.  The "execute_me" file referred to should
really be the FastMax2/FastMax2/FastMax file from lharcing the fastmax.lzh
file.  I just put a copy of this file in the same directory as my
"A-Max Startup" file and typed "fastmax", and it proceeded to find the
roms in the A_Max box and copy them into a file, then modify the
"A-Max Startup" program.  For the modified a-max startup to work, I
found that I had to be in the same directory that contained the "Mac ROM"
file when I started up A-Max.  Works like a champ.

I am still using A-MaxII 2.0; there was an earlier report that fastmax2
does not work with v. 2.06.

   John Wright	Chemistry, MS 0314, UCSD, La Jolla,  CA 92093-0314
		jmw@chem.ucsd.edu  jwright@ucsd   (619) 534-3049