[comp.sys.amiga.emulations] <None>

ksk@sactoh0.sac.ca.us (Ken S. Krebs) (05/23/91)

Subject: Re: Mac-system 7.0
In article <1991May22.090222.2054@bernina.ethz.ch> wild@nessie.cs.id.ethz.ch (Markus Wild) writes:
>In article <4150@jethro.Corp.Sun.COM> lou@flipper.Corp.Sun.COM (Lou Ordorica - SunU Field T & D) writes:
>>Those of you considering a cpu upgrade should watch out for cheap 68030
>>accelerators with no MMU - you lose it's important A-MaxII advantage!
>
>You won't find any 68030 accelerators without an MMU, the 68030 has it
>builtin;-)
>
>-Markus
>
>PS: You're right considering 68020 accelerator boards.
>
>--
>Markus M. Wild    - mwild@iiic.ethz.ch  |  wild@nessie.cs.id.ethz.ch
>--
>Still looking for a REAL debugger for Release 4 ...

Marcus, there is _indeed_ a 68030 without an MMU in it.  Well, it's
in it but it has been disabled.  Motorola sells them cheaper than
regular 68030's because they don't have to go through the thorough
testing of the MMU.  The economy Mega Midgit Racers use these
chips.  There are also regular MMR's with the original 68030's in
them.

--
|NewOrderDepecheModeSiouxsie&TheBanshees|     ksk@sactoh0.SAC.CA.US        |
|ModernEnglishBookofLoveTheCureKraftwerk|  ..ames!pacbell!sactoh0!ksk      |