[comp.sys.amiga.emulations] X-windows on the Amiga 3000

<CADER@auvm.auvm.edu> (05/23/91)

Does anyone have any product info or ftp sites for X window implementations
on the Amiga.  If you could give me a hand...I would be grateful.

dale@boing.UUCP (Dale Luck) (05/23/91)

In article <91142.200239CADER@auvm.auvm.edu> CADER@auvm.auvm.edu writes:
>Does anyone have any product info or ftp sites for X window implementations
>on the Amiga.  If you could give me a hand...I would be grateful.

Please send us your postal address and we will send you a packet of
literature.

For those that are interested. We will be showing X11 for the Amiga at
Xhibition '91 here in San Jose. June4-6th. Email back for more information.

We will be showing the latest X11R4 server which will start shipping in June.

Also we will be showing Motif, which is now running under AmigaDOS.

--
Dale Luck     GfxBase/Boing, Inc.
{uunet!cbmvax|pyramid}!amiga!boing!dale

sck@watson.ibm.com (Scott C. Kennedy) (05/25/91)

Dale Luck of Gfxbase has an X11 terminal for the Amiga it requires an ethernet
card and is a commercial package, if Dale hisself doesn't respond I'll try to
dig up information on it for you.

PS, if anyone finds a pd version of X11, I am VERY interested. I have need for
several X-terminals off of my Unix Box and can't afford them. :(
Scott C. Kennedy (sck@watson.ibm.com)  | This post does not reflect the intent
Distributed High Performance Computing | or actions of my employer, and their
IBM Thomas J. Watson Research Facility | actions don't reflect mine either.:)
"And there's no more toliet paper - It's gone just like the trees.
 Do you like the taste of honey - Isn't it best without the bees?
 Be careful what you're doing - you're messing up my life,
 And if the world's a cake - then you cut too big a slice!" -P.I.L.

dale@boing.UUCP (Dale Luck) (05/26/91)

In article sck@biko.watson.ibm.com (Scott C. Kennedy) writes:
>PS, if anyone finds a pd version of X11, I am VERY interested. I have need for
>several X-terminals off of my Unix Box and can't afford them. :(

Ask us about site licenses, this will give additional (atleast 25%) discount
off of multiple copies of X11.

I did not think it was that expensive!