[comp.sys.amiga.emulations] CrossDOS how do I use it?

aru@mentor.cc.purdue.edu (Sri-Man) (06/08/91)

I have the READ ONLY version of crossdos and I'm trying to use it so that I can
copy some of the amiga stuff I have downloaded from the UNIX sites to my amiga
but I cannot get CrossDOS to work for some reason.  The configuration script
that comes with the disk hangs on me and I haven't figured out why.  I got
all the files in the right places.  I do a:

mount I0: FROM DEVS/mountlist.msdosDF

that mounts okay, but I can do nothing with it.  If I did someting like
dir I0: it tells me that it cannot get any information.  It totally
acts like it has not been mounted at all. Incidentally, the command in the
documentation says to issue the command this way:

mount I0: FROM DEVS:mountlist.msdosDF

I have found that it will not even open the file this way, so I figured it was
a typo and used a slash.

Think anybody can help me?  I got about 5 megs of stuff of animations and stuff
that i can use, and it would be great if I can just transfer them instead of
going to my dealer and getting all the share/free ware stuff from them.

	Sri
	aru@mentor.cc.purdue.edu

In article <13343@mentor.cc.purdue.edu> aru@mentor.cc.purdue.edu (Sri-Man) writes:
>I have the READ ONLY version of crossdos and I'm trying to use it so that I can
>copy some of the amiga stuff I have downloaded from the UNIX sites to my amiga
>but I cannot get CrossDOS to work for some reason.  The configuration script

Oh yeah, my configuration is a 25Mhz Amiga3000UX.

	Sri