[comp.sys.amiga.emulations] Mac ROMS availability?

tka4092@athena.mit.edu (Terry Alkasab) (06/11/91)

I have been looking to buy an AMAX II package, and I can't find the
Mac ROMs I need.  I've called all of the typical mail order places,
and they all tell me that they won't ever have them anymore.  Does
anyone know where I can get them for a reasonable price?

Terry Alkasab
tka4092@athena.mit.edu

mx8@vax5.cit.cornell.edu (06/12/91)

In article <1991Jun11.125801.28682@athena.mit.edu>,
tka4092@athena.mit.edu (Terry Alkasab) writes:
> I have been looking to buy an AMAX II package, and I can't find the
> Mac ROMs I need.  I've called all of the typical mail order places,
> and they all tell me that they won't ever have them anymore.  Does
> anyone know where I can get them for a reasonable price?
>
> Terry Alkasab
> tka4092@athena.mit.edu

    Try repair places that fix Macs.  These places are only supposed to get new
ROMS if they replace them with defective ROMS, but if you are lucky, you may
be able to get one there.  Just call all over the place.  You could also try
stripping a dead Mac, if one is available to you.  Be persistent.

cazabon@hercules (Charles Cazabon (186-003-526)) (06/12/91)

In article <1991Jun11.125801.28682@athena.mit.edu> tka4092@athena.mit.edu (Terry Alkasab) writes:
:I have been looking to buy an AMAX II package, and I can't find the
:Mac ROMs I need.  I've called all of the typical mail order places,
:and they all tell me that they won't ever have them anymore.  Does
:anyone know where I can get them for a reasonable price?

I have been able to lay my hands on a few Mac Roms, the 128K kind.  If you
or anyone else is interested in picking up a set at a reasonable price,
please email me (I can't read this base constantly...but I try).  Delivery
would take anywhere from a week to four weeks and the price varies a bit,
due to the fact that I have to find them one set at a time.  However, prices
have always been reasonable.

Email at:

--Chuck Cazabon, cazabon@hercules.cc.uregina.ca
* My Opinions Are Not My Own...Feel Free To Plagiarize