[comp.sys.amiga.emulations] KCS Powerboard

s9110828@giaea.gi.oz (Peter Lock) (06/04/91)

I purchased the KCS Power Board here quite a while ago and have had no major
problems yet. Unfortunately I am trying to run the DOS terminal program called
KERMIT, for access to the university. Once the program has loaded and I try to
connect I get no joy talking to the modem. What I was interested in knowing is
if anyone has had problems with the serial port using the KCS Board and
whether there has been any upgrades to it. I have heard no news from the
Has anyone heard of Hard disk support or EGA support, as with these it would
outshine the ATOnce emulator.
Any help appreciated.       Thanx....P.Lock.        :-)

gmb@iclswe.icl.se (Grahame Budd) (06/06/91)

s9110828@giaea.gi.oz (Peter Lock) writes:

>I purchased the KCS Power Board here quite a while ago and have had no major
>problems yet. Unfortunately I am trying to run the DOS terminal program called
>KERMIT, for access to the university. Once the program has loaded and I try to
>connect I get no joy talking to the modem. What I was interested in knowing is
>if anyone has had problems with the serial port using the KCS Board and
>whether there has been any upgrades to it. I have heard no news from the
>Has anyone heard of Hard disk support or EGA support, as with these it would
>outshine the ATOnce emulator.
>Any help appreciated.       Thanx....P.Lock.        :-)

Sorry, I couldn't get the serial port to work correctly either. I then swapped
the KCS for an ATOnce and, once version 1.27 of the software was installed, it
worked fine. It also worked more than three times as fast and had mono EGA and
VGA as well as HD support.

Chris_Gin@kcbbs.gen.nz (Chris Gin) (06/16/91)

Can anyone give me some info on the KCS Powerboard (the IBM emulator
for the A500)? Is it worth buying it, or would it be better to buy a
PC?

Chris_Gin@kcbbs.gen.nz

cs_b152@ux.kingston.ac.uk (Vlod Kalicun) (06/18/91)

The KCS is only an XT PC Emulator.
Theres another emulator on the market called ATOnce which is a AT
emulator whith EGA, CGA and mono VGA, which you might be interested in.

Since I havent a got any of the above I cant comment on the speed of them
or details of them

Regards

Vlod.
cs_b152@ux.king.ac.uk