[comp.sys.amiga.emulations] Transfer Mac executables from Amiga side to AMax ??

Marco.Eichelberg@arbi.informatik.uni-oldenburg.de (Marco Eichelberg) (06/19/91)

Hi !
The subject says it all.
Is there any way to transfer mac executables to Amiga OS formatted
disks and back without losing the ability to execute the programs ?

Thanks in advance.
Marco Eichelberg,   Auf dem Braakland 3,  D-W2875 Bookholzberg,   Germany
Phone: +49 4223 2726 (08.00 - 18.00 MET)    UUCP  : eichelberg@uniol.uucp
Fax  : +49 4223 8322                        ZNet  :  eichelberg@uniol.zer
Inhouse : meichel!faramir                   Bitnet:     249565 AT DOLUNI1
Domain (Internet) :     Marco.Eichelberg@arbi.informatik.uni-oldenburg.de

zuckerma@aludra.usc.edu (David Zuckerman) (06/20/91)

In article <5922@uniol.UUCP> Marco.Eichelberg@arbi.informatik.uni-oldenburg.de (Marco Eichelberg) writes:
>Hi !
>The subject says it all.
>Is there any way to transfer mac executables to Amiga OS formatted
>disks and back without losing the ability to execute the programs ?

Hopefully I understand exactly what you're getting at. :)

There is a program on the A-Max Utilities disk called File Transfer 2, which
allows Mac files to be transferred from Mac- or Amax-formatted disks to
Amiga-formatted disks and vice versa.

For example, I have downloaded a few Mac programs onto Amiga floppies using
JR-Comm.  I then boot up A-Max & load File Transfer 2.  The program asks for
the floppy in DF0:, and you are given various translation options (like
MacBinary).

Check the A-Max II manual, chapter 9, for more info.

>Thanks in advance.
>--
>Marco Eichelberg,   Auf dem Braakland 3,  D-W2875 Bookholzberg,   Germany

-Dave
--
David Zuckerman          | "There's nothing wrong with my sense | Exercise   //
zuckerma@aludra.usc.edu  |  of reality.  I have it thoroughly   | good   \\ //