[comp.sys.amiga.emulations] Help with my BridgeBoard

mary@wam.umd.edu (Mary Louise Cassidy) (06/25/91)

Last week there were posts about speeding up the 2088 BB with crystals or
something like that...with info that had been uuencoded.  I have no idea how
to deal with the encode/decode stuff...so could someone please mail me
about how I can speed up my BridgeBoard without spending to much.  Also, if
I plug an EGA adapter into the IBM side, can I plug the 1084 directly into
this??  Please respond...I've been pondering these questions for the longest
time and want to do some things to make my BB better.  Thanks..

eddy@donau.et.tudelft.nl (J.G.E. Olk) (06/25/91)

From article <1991Jun24.212024.15642@wam.umd.edu>, by mary@wam.umd.edu (Mary Louise Cassidy):
> Last week there were posts about speeding up the 2088 BB with crystals or
> something like that...with info that had been uuencoded.  I have no idea how
> to deal with the encode/decode stuff...so could someone please mail me
> about how I can speed up my BridgeBoard without spending to much.  Also, if

The info can be FTP'ed from ab20.larc.nasa.gov (128.155.23.64),
(temporary) in directory /incoming/amiga, file: turbo2088.lzh

guy@ns.network.com (Guy D'Andrea) (06/25/91)

In article <1991Jun24.212024.15642@wam.umd.edu> mary@wam.umd.edu (Mary Louise Cassidy) writes:
>Last week there were posts about speeding up the 2088 BB with crystals or
>something like that...with info that had been uuencoded.  I have no idea how
>to deal with the encode/decode stuff...so could someone please mail me
>about how I can speed up my BridgeBoard without spending to much.

It is in ZOO form at AB20...

>Also, if
>I plug an EGA adapter into the IBM side, can I plug the 1084 directly into
>this?? Please respond...I've been pondering these questions for the longest
>time and want to do some things to make my BB better.  Thanks..

There are modes in EGA that will work on a 1084 (I use to do this ;-)) but
not all so be prepared.  CGA is actually the mode that works with the 1084
but since you have that on the Amiga side already, why do it? (It does not
speed up the display that much...)

I wound up getting a used Multisync and a clone Paradise SVGA card for my
Bridgeboard, and that was nice!  You can get a clone SVGA card for around
$100 with 512k - 1 meg of ram.  And a Multisync is a good investment anyway
I think...  Just my opinion.

-Guy

--
 guy@nsco.network.com                                     //
 Guy Dandrea                                          \\ //