[comp.sys.amiga.emulations] Amiga Emulator for IBM

benrache@TUSUN2.MCS.UTULSA.EDU (Lofti Benrached) (06/26/91)

Sorry if this bothers anyone since it is kind of in the wrong section. It's just
that I am an Amiga lover and I don't want to post in an IBM group. Besides it
is Amiga related.

I have heard that there exists an Amiga Emulator for the IBM. I don't know if
it's PD, shareware, or commercial. My question is "DOES IT WORK ?" even a little or is just a joke someone dreamed up. If anyone knows anything about please letme know if it's PD, shareware, or commercial, where I can get it, and how to use
it (like does it read Amiga 3 1/2" disks, etc). Any help would be appreciated.
Prefer E-Mail.

				Thanks.

sck@watson.ibm.com (Scott C. Kennedy) (06/27/91)

No, I don't know BUT it could be possible that they were/are talking about the
original  porting platform that was a series of boards for the PC and some
crosscompilers, but this never came out  in the public. I think C= kept it for
internal work on the OS.

But, as for the is it possible question, I say no. I sincerly doubt a PC could
effectivly emulate an Amiga due to the complexity of the custom chips, and
due to differences in Processors.

Scott C. Kennedy (sck@watson.ibm.com)  | This post does not reflect the intent
Distributed High Performance Computing | or actions of my employer, and their
IBM Thomas J. Watson Research Facility | actions don't reflect mine either.:)
"And there's no more toliet paper - It's gone just like the trees.
 Do you like the taste of honey - Isn't it best without the bees?
 Be careful what you're doing - you're messing up my life,
 And if the world's a cake - then you cut too big a slice!" -P.I.L.

gfm@geech.gnu.ai.mit.edu (George McBay) (06/27/91)

In article <9106260547.AA21582@tusun2.mcs.utulsa.edu> benrache@TUSUN2.MCS.UTULSA.EDU (Lofti Benrached) writes:

>I have heard that there exists an Amiga Emulator for the IBM. I don't know if
>it's PD, shareware, or commercial. My question is "DOES IT WORK ?" even a little or is just a joke someone dreamed up. If anyone knows anything about please letme know if it's PD, shareware, or commercial, where I can get it, and how to use
>it (like does it read Amiga 3 1/2" disks, etc). Any help would be appreciated.
>Prefer E-Mail.
>
>				Thanks.

	Sorry, this isnt Email but I just thought it best to answer here in
case there are other people wondering about this...Anyways I do not own an
IBM, but I know many people who do, alot of who have tried this on various
types of machines, and they all have told me it does NOT work in any usable
way

GELSON%SBU.UFRGS.ANRS.BR@uicvm.uic.edu (Gelson Dias Santos) (06/28/91)

 "benrache@tusun2.mcs.utulsa.edu"  "Lofti Benrached" writes:

>I have heard that there exists an Amiga Emulator for the IBM. I don't know if
>it's PD, shareware, or commercial. My question is "DOES IT WORK ?" even a littl
>    or is just a joke someone dreamed up. If anyone knows anything about please
>   letme know if it's PD, shareware, or commercial, where I can get it, and how
>   to use
>it (like does it read Amiga 3 1/2" disks, etc). Any help would be appreciated.
>Prefer E-Mail.

Are you speaking about a _software_ emulator? Ha, Ha, Ha...
The only way I can imagine such a thing like this is some kind of "amiga
bridgeboard" for PC, where you would had to supply the custom chip set and
maybe an amiga external drive. Probably an A500 would be cheaper than that.

I would like to run IBeM emulator over an amiga software emulator runing on a

* Gelson Dias Santos  *  Bitnet/Internet: GELSON@SBU.UFRGS.ANRS.BR  *
* Porto Alegre - RS   *  Sorry, english is not my native language!  *
*       BRAZIL        *           (Alguem fala portugues?)          *
*  Should be working on my taxes but this is more fun... Fred Fish  *