[comp.sys.amiga.emulations] AmaxII

nguyent@balboa.eng.uci.edu (Thien Nguyen) (03/08/91)

Has anybody run a Laser Jet II compatible printer under AMAX II?

I have been trying to do that using the drivers and fonts from MacPrint V1.2!
It seems that I have been getting some junks on the page.  I get like small
Lineprinter characters in the left margin.  Also some of the CS Times fonts
gets small dashes.  Aside from this everything else prints fine, including
graphics.
Can anybody tell me what I am doing wrong?

I am using an A3000/25 with 2 Megs
              Packard Bell 9500 (Laser Jet II Compatible) printer
              hooked up through the Parallel Port
	      I haven't tried it with the Serial Port yet.

If anybody has successfully used Amax II with Laser Jet II, can you
please tell me what setup you are using and what Printer Driver you
are using on the chooser?

Thanks in advance.

Thu Tin

mary@wam.umd.edu (Mary Louise Cassidy) (06/28/91)

Are the ROMs now in software in Amax II???  How well would Amax II run on
a stock Amiga 2000 with 1 meg (compared to a Mac plus or whatever)?
Thanks for the info (mail or post here, no matter..)!

      st her

metahawk@aix01.aix.rpi.edu (Wayne G Rigby) (06/29/91)

In article <1991Jun28.062234.18098@wam.umd.edu> mary@wam.umd.edu (Mary Louise Cassidy) writes:
>Are the ROMs now in software in Amax II???  How well would Amax II run on
>a stock Amiga 2000 with 1 meg (compared to a Mac plus or whatever)?
>Thanks for the info (mail or post here, no matter..)!
>

>      st her

Nope, no ROMs in the deal.  You have to scrounge around and get your own ROMs,
if possible.  Does anyone know about the clone ROMs NuTek is supposed to be
working on?
AMAX II should run faster than a Mac Plus, or at least it did on the 2000 I
used it on (I don't know how much memory it had, I didn't check/don't remember).

"Hello?  Is there anybody in there?      Wayne Rigby
"Just nod if you can hear me."           Computer and Systems Engineer
          - Pink Floyd                   (A delightful blend of EE and CS)
                                         Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
     Yes, C-128's still live!            metahawk@rpi.edu