[comp.sys.amiga.datacomm] PathAlias for UUCP

jason@cbmami.UUCP (Jason Goldberg) (01/10/91)

Is there anything like pathalias for Amiga UUCP?  I am farily new to
running my own site, I have been collecting all the maps from
comp.mail.maps but I don't really know how to use them.  Currently I have
trouble reaching any sites that I don't know the complete path for, and I
would like some way of creating the paths from the comp.mail.maps,
particularly since the site feeding my mail/news does not want to pay for
me using UUNET...

Thanks,

-Jason-

Jason Goldberg				UUCP: ucsd!serene!cbmami!jason
Del Mar, CA

david@starsoft.UUCP (Dave Lowrey) (01/13/91)

In article <187f6641.ARN0d77@cbmami.UUCP>, Jason Goldberg writes:

> Is there anything like pathalias for Amiga UUCP?  I am farily new to
> running my own site, I have been collecting all the maps from
> comp.mail.maps but I don't really know how to use them.  Currently I have
> trouble reaching any sites that I don't know the complete path for, and I
> would like some way of creating the paths from the comp.mail.maps,
> particularly since the site feeding my mail/news does not want to pay for
> me using UUNET...

Well, the answer is No, and Yes :-)

As distributed, Matt Dillon's UUCP doesn't support any pathalias
database. However, you don't really NEED it (altho it would be nice
to have it). Just mail to your loacl mail feed, and it should
figure out the path for you.

UUCPPlus supposedly has PathAlias capabilities. However, due to
extremely sketchy documentation (The "good" doc is all in German),
I have hesitated to install it on top of my current working UUCP.

> Thanks,
>

> -Jason-

> Jason Goldberg                                UUCP: ucsd!serene!cbmami!jason
> Del Mar, CA
These words be mine. The company doesn't care, because I am the company! :-)

      Dave Lowrey        |  david@starsoft or {uhnix1,lobster}!starsoft!david
Starbound Software Group |
      Houston, TX        | "Dare to be stupid!" -- Weird Al Yankovic