[comp.sys.amiga.datacomm] Telefax on Amiga?!

hbrinch@icoast.UUCP (Henrik Brinch) (01/14/91)

I'm considering to buy a new modem, I've seen these modems which also
can be used as telefax'es.  It sounds _VERY_ nice, then I've got a
maybe silly question :  Do they work?!   I know they can never be like
an ordinary telefax, but do they work in connection with maybe newer
fax machines (there are some baud differences I believe?).  The one
I'm looking at can do 9600 baud in fax-mode, that should be enough
or?

Best Regards,

InfoCoast          /\_  Henrik Brinch \ cbmehq!cbmdeo!icoast!hbrinch
Technologies /\   /   \ Kloevervej 7   \ FidoNet 2:230/112.3
____________/  \_/     \ 2800 Lyngby    \ Voice tel. +45 42 87 67 23
           /               Denmark       \ "C is SILVER - But ASM is GOLD"

massa@uni-paderborn.de (Michael Janich) (01/15/91)

hbrinch@icoast.UUCP (Henrik Brinch) writes:

>I'm considering to buy a new modem, I've seen these modems which also
>can be used as telefax'es.  It sounds _VERY_ nice, then I've got a
>maybe silly question :  Do they work?!   I know they can never be like
>an ordinary telefax, but do they work in connection with maybe newer
>fax machines (there are some baud differences I believe?).  The one
>I'm looking at can do 9600 baud in fax-mode, that should be enough
>or?

I'm searching for one, too. I saw some on the AMIGA '90 in Koeln (Germany):
with fax-send-only and send-only-software about 400.00 DM (about US$270.00)
or with fax-send-and-receive modem and send-only-software (update they
say about 2.91) for about 700.00 DM (about US$470.00).
They all have G3 standard (9600baud fax) and a 'normal' heyes compatible
modem with 2400 baud.

--

   Michael Janich, Uni Paderborn, United Germany
--

   Michael Janich, Uni Paderborn, United Germany