From: eaou020@orion.oac.UCI.EDU (David Joseph Hung)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.amiga.emulations
Subject: Working JR-Comm w/a Datalink modem(MNP-5)?
Date: 15 Jan 91 02:19:02 GMT

First things first....JRComm is way rad!!

	I just got the JRComm 1.01 unregistered version, but I haven't been
able to do anything with it because of major mis-communication.

I have an Amiga 3000 with AE's Datalink 2000 internal modem with MNP-5.  As
I load up JRComm with its "serial.device" replaced with "dl2000.device", the probs start:

* The macros spew garbage that looks like a decoded version of the original
    macros.

* Trying to enable CTS/RTS causes an ERROR.

* When using the Directory to dial, the message says,"Modem error, exiting.."
  or it tries to dial without lifting the reciever.  Can anyone help me?

Supoosedly, it could be a problem with what I'm telling the modem to do when
first initializing it, but (silly me!) I got so upset trying to work the bugger
(no pun intended) that I reset the entire JRComm, erasing its macros, def,..
..everything.  I've read the UserManual(included with the JRComm1_01.lzh) and
I can't figure the correct implementation of JRComm with DataLink modem.

Please...help...thank you.  (Until I get this program to work, only then will

   P A T L A B O R 'S  S P E C I A L  V E H I C L E S  D I V I S I O N  I I I
     __________                              __________________________________
    /___  ____/  A d v a n c e d  9 8       | "(dcoteles@bonnie.ics.uci.edu)
David Cotelessa -help!!!!! This "other"prgram is screwing up!!!!!!

--
E Pluribus //  Contacts: jeremym@brahms.udel.edu or jeremym@chopin.udel.edu or
  Unix    //		  jeremy@freezer.it.udel.edu (line 1 = jeremym)

jprad@faatcrl.UUCP (Jack Radigan) (01/17/91)

jeremym@chopin.udel.edu (Jeremy A Moskowitz) writes:

>This letter was inadvertantly sent to c.s.a.emulations...
>here it is for correct threading...
>

>I have an Amiga 3000 with AE's Datalink 2000 internal modem with MNP-5.  As
>I load up JRComm with its "serial.device" replaced with "dl2000.device", the p

>* The macros spew garbage that looks like a decoded version of the original
>    macros.

>* Trying to enable CTS/RTS causes an ERROR.

>* When using the Directory to dial, the message says,"Modem error, exiting.."
>  or it tries to dial without lifting the reciever.  Can anyone help me?

  I've been in contact with Applied Engineering and they have assured me that
the buffering problem that they had with the serial.driver for that modem
has been fixed.  Anyone having problems with the Datalink 2000 should contact
AE directly for an update.

  -jack-