[comp.sys.amiga.datacomm] Thanks

zerkle@iris.ucdavis.edu (Dan Zerkle) (01/18/91)

In article <1991Jan17.125924.5809@EE.Surrey.Ac.UK> css1rs@ee.surrey.ac.uk (Russell Smithers) writes:

>	Hi, id like to thank everybody thats helped me out with this query however I
>have one question, how do I access these sites. i have tried ftp and telnet but get
>a message back saying :
>
> telnet 128.155.23.64
>Trying 128.155.23.64 ...
>telnet: connect: Network is unreachable
>telnet>
>
>	Will somebody put on the right track!!

Yeah.  Your hardware is broken.  Go find your system adminstrator at
your site, and tell him (or her) about the problem.  Feel free to be
as obnoxious as possible.  Also, do you get the same symptoms with
ftp?  If ftp works, then you actually have a software, not hardware,
problem.  Either way, go complain at your administrator.  Bring a
script of your attempt, so he can see the error messages immediately.

As always, this group is going away.  Try not to post to it.
Followups have been redirected to comp.sys.amiga.datacomm, which is
the correct group for this.

           Dan Zerkle  zerkle@iris.eecs.ucdavis.edu  (916) 754-0240
           Amiga...  Because life is too short for boring computers.