[comp.sys.amiga.datacomm] JR-Comm 1.01 + IntuiTracker = Guru

lordbah@bisco.kodak.COM (Lord Bah) (01/29/91)

Does anyone have an explanation or workaround for the equation
given in the Subject line?

Oh, all right, I'll give more details.

A500, WB 1.3, KS 1.3, 1M chip RAM, 2M fast RAM, GVP Impact A500,
Quantum 40M hard disk, registered JR-Comm 1.01, unregistered
IntuiTracker.

A few people locally have reported that running JR-Comm and
IntuiTracker at the same time brings on the guru, and of course
it happens for me as well.

    Jeff Van Epps    amusing!lordbah@bisco.kodak.com
                     lordbah@cup.portal.com
                     sun!portal!cup.portal.com!lordbah

dbuchtal@math.lsa.umich.edu (Dave Buchthal) (01/30/91)

In article <9101291517.AA25697@bisco.kodak.COM> amusing!lordbah@bisco.kodak.COM writes:
>Does anyone have an explanation or workaround for the equation
>given in the Subject line?

Sure.  IntuiTracker == Guru.  No need for JR-Comm, but anything
that you run with IntuiTracker sure helps it to meditation.
The best workaround I have found is to not use IntuiTracker.
You can use MED, if you don't mind having a whole *Tracker-type
program in memory at once, and don't mind having it not handle
certain types of .mod files.

My personal preference is to use a newer program called Module Master.
It is an IntuiTracker-type program with a nicer user interface
(IMHO) and seems to run without troubles on a very loaded system.
I found it on ab20 in a .dms file I can't remember, perhaps mm.dms.
EMail me if you want or need more details.

David M. Buchthal

sauron@tronsbox.xei.com (Ron Stanions) (01/30/91)

problem, and it wasn't limited to JR-Comm either.  suggestion: try
another soundtracker music player.  they are available and while
generally not as nice as intuitracker, they don't crash.

--
Ron Stanions -- sauron@dsoft    \_/\--/\_/    All things posted by me are
 dsoft system administrator      < \  / >    by-products of a deranged mind