[comp.sys.amiga.datacomm] DNet sources for Amiga *EVERYTHING*

swalton@solaria.csun.edu (Stephen Walton) (01/21/91)

In article <TADGUY.91Jan20210800@abi3.larc.nasa.gov>, tadguy@abcfd01 (Tad Guy) writes:
>In article <YY3^%R%@rpi.edu> kengo@rpi.edu (Ken Goldenberg) writes:
>> None of the [DNET] archives, however, have all of the files
>> required to compile the Amiga side under Lattice C.
>[Look] in /usenet/comp.sources.amiga/volume90/comm/dnet-2.13 ...

I just FTP'd this file, and it contains binaries and docs only.
Neither the source, nor the Unix side are included.  In answer
to Ken's original query, I believe that  DNET now compiles with,
and maybe only with, DICE.
-------------------------------
Stephen Walton, Dept. of Physics & Astronomy, Cal State Univ. Northridge
   I am srw@csun.edu no matter WHAT the stupid From: line says!

tadguy@abcfd01.larc.nasa.gov (Tad Guy) (01/30/91)

In article <1991Jan20.191422.28820@csun.edu> swalton@solaria.csun.edu (Stephen Walton) writes:
> tadguy@abcfd01.larc.nasa.gov (Tad Guy) writes:
> >In article <YY3^%R%@rpi.edu> kengo@rpi.edu (Ken Goldenberg) writes:
> >> None of the [DNET] archives, however, have all of the files
> >> required to compile the Amiga side under Lattice C.
> >[Look] in /usenet/comp.sources.amiga/volume90/comm/dnet-2.13 ...
>
> I just FTP'd this file, and it contains binaries and docs only.

[ actually, it's /usenet/comp.sources.amiga/volume90/comm/dnet/dnet-2.13/,
  shouldn't forget that extra `dnet' ... :-)  ]

Well, it's not one file, but a directory containing 8 parts.

I have just now unpacked those parts and they *DO* contain the sources
for *BOTH* the Amiga and UNIX sides of DNet.  You might have gone to
the wrong directory...

	...tad

swalton@solaria.csun.edu (Stephen Walton) (01/31/91)

In article <TADGUY.91Jan29184724@ab20.larc.nasa.gov>, tadguy@abcfd01 (Tad Guy) writes:

>[ actually, it's /usenet/comp.sources.amiga/volume90/comm/dnet/dnet-2.13/,
>  shouldn't forget that extra `dnet' ... :-)  ]
>
>Well, it's not one file, but a directory containing 8 parts.

Tad is, of course, correct.  My apologies.  FTP the files part01.Z through
part08.Z and you're all set.

Steve