[comp.sys.amiga.datacomm] Handshake 2.20

jma@beach.cis.ufl.edu (John 'Vlad' Adams) (01/28/91)

Will someone PLEASE upload this beast to ab20.larc.nasa.gov in
the /incoming/amiga directory?  I think a LOT of people
would appreciate it!  :)
--
John  M.  Adams   --***--   Professional Student      ///
Internet: jma@beach.cis.ufl.edu     Genie:  vlad     ///  Only the Amiga

jms@tardis.Tymnet.COM (Joe Smith) (01/29/91)

In article <26523@uflorida.cis.ufl.EDU> jma@beach.cis.ufl.edu (John 'Vlad' Adams) writes:
>Will someone PLEASE upload this beast to ab20.larc.nasa.gov ?

From what I've heard, Handshake 2.20 has NOT been released to the public,
and will probably be a commercial product (not shareware).  Eric
Habnerfeller would get very upset it appeared at an FTP site.

--
Joe Smith (408)922-6220 | SMTP: jms@tardis.tymnet.com or jms@gemini.tymnet.com
BT Tymnet Tech Services | UUCP: ...!{ames,pyramid}!oliveb!tymix!tardis!jms

hill@evax.arl.utexas.edu (Adam Hill) (01/30/91)

 Handshake 2.20 was uploaded to BIX last night, by Eric. I will try
and tfer it to ab20 asap. (Unless Blaine G. beats me to it :-) )

--
 adam hill
 hill@evax.arl.utexas.edu                        Make Up Your Own Mind.. AMIGA!

jma@beach.cis.ufl.edu (John 'Vlad' Adams) (01/30/91)

I coulda sworn I saw 2.20 mentioned in the back of AmigaWorld
a few months ago as a file on one of the commercial
services (aka Compuserve, Genie, P*Link, etc, etc.)

Ah well, if he's gone commercial.... (can anyone confirm this?)
--

blgardne@javelin.es.com (Blaine Gardner) (01/31/91)

hill@evax.arl.utexas.edu (Adam Hill) writes:

> Handshake 2.20 was uploaded to BIX last night, by Eric. I will try
>and tfer it to ab20 asap. (Unless Blaine G. beats me to it :-) )

Be my guest!  I don't have ftp access myself anyway, so I have to pester
a friend to ftp things for me.
--
Blaine Gardner @ Evans & Sutherland  580 Arapeen Drive, SLC, Utah 84108
blgardne@javelin.sim.es.com     or   blgardne%javelin@dsd.es.com

limonce@pilot.njin.net (Tom Limoncelli +1 201 408 5389) (01/31/91)

In article <1478@tardis.Tymnet.COM> jms@tardis.Tymnet.COM (Joe Smith) writes:

> From what I've heard, Handshake 2.20 has NOT been released to the public,
> and will probably be a commercial product (not shareware).  Eric
> Habnerfeller would get very upset it appeared at an FTP site.

If Eric does this, I highly recommend he considers changing the name
to avoid confusion.  Name recognition might be good, but it might hurt
him also.  (Maybe "HandShakePro 1.0"?)

Free advice from,
Tom
--
One thousand, one hundred, seventy five people died of AIDS
last week.  Did someone mention a war in Iraq?