[comp.sys.amiga.datacomm] TCP/IP SLIP with EtherNet/serial for Amiga ?

horke@buchonia.rhoen.in-berlin.de (Bernhard Kroenung) (01/10/91)

Has anybody Information about TCP/IP-Software for Amiga (PD or commercial) ?
Which Ethernet-Cards are available (Commodore ???) - Has somebody Infos
about PD-Slip Software ??

  Ciao
    Bernhard
--
Bernhard Kroenung, Bahnhofstr. 8, D-W6408 Ebersburg/Rhoen, Germany +49 6656 386
horke@buchonia.rhoen.in-berlin.de sysop@fulmin.zer.sub.org Kronung@DGIHRZ01.BIT

eejsc@marlin.jcu.edu.au (John Croft) (01/11/91)

In comp.sys.amiga.datacomm you write:

>Has anybody Information about TCP/IP-Software for Amiga (PD or commercial) ?
>Which Ethernet-Cards are available (Commodore ???) - Has somebody Infos
>about PD-Slip Software ??

>  Ciao
>    Bernhard
>--
>Bernhard Kroenung, Bahnhofstr. 8, D-W6408 Ebersburg/Rhoen, Germany +49 6656 386
>horke@buchonia.rhoen.in-berlin.de sysop@fulmin.zer.sub.org Kronung@DGIHRZ01.BIT

There is a package called 'KA9Q' or 'AmigaNOS' (on ab20.larc.nasa.gov in
/incoming/amiga) which does some TCP/IP stuff, but it is all one big
program :-( and it is very hard to make other things talk to new
sockets (like a MUD - multi-user-dungeon).

If you get any info about TCP/IP & SL/IP (but NOT the KA9Q / NOS S/W)
let me know

cheers johnc
--
John Croft      eejsc@marlin.jcu.edu.au -or- zolos@paladine.jcu.edu.au
         Tutor, Dept EE Engineering, James Cook Uni, Townsville,Q 4811

rwm@atronx.OCUnix.On.Ca (Russell McOrmond) (01/12/91)

In a message posted on 10 Jan 91 13:09:44 GMT,
horke@buchonia.rhoen.in-berlin.de (Bernhard Kroenung) wrote:
BK>Has anybody Information about TCP/IP-Software for Amiga (PD or commercial) ?
BK>Which Ethernet-Cards are available (Commodore ???) - Has somebody Infos
BK>about PD-Slip Software ??

A small thread about possible SLIP drivers/etc was started just a bit ago. Michael
Richardson (mcr@sandalman.ocunix.on.ca) is going to be setting up a mailing list
of interested developers in hopes that more software can be made available.

  Other than a bit of a blurb in the Devcon notes, I have not seen much about
SANA (Standard Amiga Networking Archetecture). I would obviously like to make
anything that I write compatable with this software so that pieces can be
interchanged (A SMTP port that I write, I would like the people using the C=
Ethernet cards to be able to use, etc...)

  SLIP, TELNET, FTP and NFS are all currently bundled into this single program
written for use with packet radio's called KA9Q - MCR has this working between his
Amiga and his Sun, and the possibilities of separating this into a proper SANA
protocol stack look like a good place to start.

BK>Bernhard Kroenung, Bahnhofstr. 8, D-W6408 Ebersburg/Rhoen, Germany +49 6656 386
BK>horke@buchonia.rhoen.in-berlin.de sysop@fulmin.zer.sub.org Kronung@DGIHRZ01.BIT

Please forward any info you receive on.

Thanks.

---
  Opinions expressed in this message are my Own.  My Employer does not even
know what these networks ARE.

  Russell McOrmond   rwm@Atronx.OCUnix.On.Ca   {tigris,alzabo,...}!atronx!rwm
  FidoNet 1:163/109  Net Support: (613) 230-2282
  Amiga-Fidonet Support  1:1/109

kenk@algedi.UUCP (.) (01/17/91)

>In article <56916.663670980@atronx.OCUnix.On.Ca> rwm@atronx.OCUnix.On.Ca (Russell McOrmond) writes:
>In a message posted on 10 Jan 91 13:09:44 GMT,
>
>  Other than a bit of a blurb in the Devcon notes, I have not seen much about
>SANA (Standard Amiga Networking Archetecture). I would obviously like to make
>anything that I write compatable with this software so that pieces can be
>interchanged (A SMTP port that I write, I would like the people using the C=
>Ethernet cards to be able to use, etc...)
>
>  SLIP, TELNET, FTP and NFS are all currently bundled into this single program
>written for use with packet radio's called KA9Q - MCR has this working between his
>Amiga and his Sun, and the possibilities of separating this into a proper SANA
>protocol stack look like a good place to start.

I for one would love to find out more about SANA. I have been running
various versions of the KA9Q software for 2+ years now, starting with
code I ported from MSDOS. It has been my goal for sometime to find out
how the Commodore TCP/IP software was structured, so I could add
support for the various Amateur radio protocols.

Is it safe to assume that info on SANA is available from CATS?

--
Ken Koster (N7IPB)     algedi!kenk@pilchuck.Data-IO.COM or
14146 73rd PL NE, #201 ...uunet!pilchuck!algedi!kenk

rwm@atronx.OCUnix.On.Ca (Russell McOrmond) (01/21/91)

In a message posted on 17 Jan 91 04:40:57 GMT,
kenk@algedi.UUCP (.) wrote:
.>Is it safe to assume that info on SANA is available from CATS?

It if is, please let us all know, as I'm a registered developer as well, and
would very much like to be writing SANA compatable tools.  I've not gotten
much responce out of Commodore yet. Usually this means they are close to
releasing things, though, so one never knows...

.>Ken Koster (N7IPB)     algedi!kenk@pilchuck.Data-IO.COM or
.>14146 73rd PL NE, #201 ...uunet!pilchuck!algedi!kenk
.>Bothell, WA 98011

---
  Opinions expressed in this message are my Own. I represent nobody else.
  Russell McOrmond   rwm@Atronx.OCUnix.On.Ca   {tigris,alzabo,...}!atronx!rwm
  FidoNet 1:163/109  Net Support: (613) 230-2282
  Amiga-Fidonet Support  1:1/109       Gateway for .Amiga.OCUnix.On.Ca

bdb@becker.UUCP (Bruce D. Becker) (02/01/91)

In article <57814.664417925@atronx.OCUnix.On.Ca> rwm@atronx.OCUnix.On.Ca (Russell McOrmond) writes:
|In a message posted on 17 Jan 91 04:40:57 GMT,
|kenk@algedi.UUCP (.) wrote:
|.>Is it safe to assume that info on SANA is available from CATS?
|
|It if is, please let us all know, as I'm a registered developer as well, and
|would very much like to be writing SANA compatable tools.  I've not gotten
|much responce out of Commodore yet. Usually this means they are close to
|releasing things, though, so one never knows...

	Apparently evil politics have stalled SANA
	within C=. It would seem there are those
	who would re-invent the wheel instead of
	making SLIP possible, or helping with an
	NFS server under Amigados, etc.

	Strong words perhaps, but someone needs
	to say it...

--