[comp.sys.amiga.datacomm] SLIP -- do YOU know where it is?

griffin@frith.msu.edu (Danny Griffin) (02/01/91)

I recently asked where I could obtain SLIP for the Amiga.  MANY people
have Emailed me asking me to let them also know when I find out, but
no one has replied with an answer.

Do YOU know where SLIP can be found?

--
Dan Griffin
griffin@frith.egr.msu.edu

mcr@Sandelman.OCUnix.On.Ca (Michael Richardson) (02/03/91)

In article <1991Feb1.080517.5401@msuinfo.cl.msu.edu> griffin@frith.msu.edu (Danny Griffin) writes:

>I recently asked where I could obtain SLIP for the Amiga.  MANY people
>have Emailed me asking me to let them also know when I find out, but
>no one has replied with an answer.
>
>Do YOU know where SLIP can be found?

  [I posted this recently to the Amiga-Slip mailing list. Mail to
amiga-slip-request@sandelman.ocunix.on.ca to be added.]

  I have placed the sources to the 1.9 version of AmigaNOS in
latour!~nuucp/archive/amiga/

-rw-r--r--  1 mcr      hackers    203718 Feb  1 00:26 AmigaKIT19.lzh
-rw-r--r--  1 mcr      hackers    611874 Jan 22 21:53 amiganos-src19.zoo

  Phone number: +1 613 237 0792
  Login as: anonuucp
  Modem is a T2500 that answers PEP->V.32->2400... MNP is not
enabled. (For various reasons which made sense at the time)
  I ask that you drop me a note (mail latour!mcr) when you call so I
know who (and from where) you are dialing from.

  ---

  I understand that it these files can also be found on various ftp
sites. I don't know of any North American ones, but nic.funet.fi has
some stuff. That's in Finland, so think twice before fetching it if
you are not on that side of the sink.
  I pulled the sources off of sayshell.umd.edu, but I under the
impression that it may disappear from there soon.

  When I have some words on ftp sites, I think this should be added to
the FAQ posting.

--
   :!mcr!:            |  The postmaster never | - Pay attention only
   Michael Richardson |    resolves twice.    | to _MY_ opinions. -