[comp.sys.amiga.datacomm] ATalkIII help

gregw@sugar.hackercorp.com (Greg White) (02/04/91)

I'm addressing this to anyone and especially Marco Papa if
he's listening.

I just received the latest version (1.3e) and it brought to
mind a question.

Is it possible to assign the Script directory so that when I
select Scripts from the Phone menu, I don't have to work my
way down thru the directories till I get to my Scripts
directory inside my AtalkIII drawer? When I save entries in
my Phonebook it knows to use the Settings directory. Why isn't
Scripts handled the same way?

Also, can I assign my Download directory from within a phonebook
script in any way? The manual doesn't mention this but it sure
would be nice.

Thanks for any help

Greg

In article <7699@sugar.hackercorp.com> gregw@sugar.hackercorp.com (Greg White) writes:
>I'm addressing this to anyone and especially Marco Papa if
>he's listening.

I'm here :-)

>I just received the latest version (1.3e) and it brought to
>mind a question.
>Is it possible to assign the Script directory so that when I
>select Scripts from the Phone menu, I don't have to work my
>way down thru the directories till I get to my Scripts
>directory inside my AtalkIII drawer? When I save entries in
>my Phonebook it knows to use the Settings directory. Why isn't
>Scripts handled the same way?

One can assign the "disk" for Scripts, downloads (GetDIR), download (Receive
Xmodem) and upload.  Currently we don't support subdirectories.  To get this,
you should select the appropriate "disks" by invoking the Phone Script,
Transfer Receive/Send/getDIR, select the disks, then do a Project Save. If
you're listing disks as Volumes don't use RAM DISK:. This problem is not
there if you use devices.  The disks get saved in a file called Global.disks0.

>Also, can I assign my Download directory from within a phonebook
>script in any way? The manual doesn't mention this but it sure
>would be nice.

You can set a "Disk" for download. See above.

>Thanks for any help

You're welcome.

-- Marco

"Xerox sues somebody for copying?" -- David Letterman