[comp.sys.amiga.datacomm] Kermit Problems with VLTjr

emcphers@fox.cs.vt.edu (Frank McPherson) (02/11/91)

System: A3000 under 2.0
Software: VLTjr 5.034, XPRKermit 1.5 talking to DecStation 3100

Problem: Can't download binary files with kermit.  yes, I have both the
DecStation kermit and my kermit set to deal with binary files.  Yes, they're
both set to the same packet length.  yes, they're both set to the same block
check type.

Likely solutions:
	1) I'm doing something silly.  In this case, I'm sure you all will
	   waste no time in pointing it out to me.  In this case, I'll
	   just change my ways and the problem will go away.
	2) There is a serious bug with either VLT or XPRKermit.  In this
	   case, I'll just say, "Bump it.  I'm going back to Handshake,
	   where my kermit transfers WORK and I don't have dissappearing
	   characters when using VI.

Have a nice day!

-- Frank McPherson       INTERNET: emcphers@fox.cs.vt.edu --

sirotto@oak.circa.ufl.edu (Mike Cerrato) (02/11/91)

In article <21050@know.pws.bull.com>, emcphers@fox.cs.vt.edu (Frank McPherson) writes:

>System: A3000 under 2.0
>Software: VLTjr 5.034, XPRKermit 1.5 talking to DecStation 3100
>
>Problem: Can't download binary files with kermit.  yes, I have both the
>-- Frank McPherson       INTERNET: emcphers@fox.cs.vt.edu --

Use ZMODEM.  Works for me.
           ___  __
|\   |\   |    /  \	SirOtto -- Gallant Knight of a rather large, squarish
| \  | \  |   /		    table someplace in the West Panhandle of Florida.
|  \ |  \ |--<
|   \|   \|___\____/	Michael E. Cerrato -- University of Florida

Internet: sirotto%maple.decnet@pine.circa.ufl.edu
UUCP:	  ...!uunet!uflorida!pine.circa.ufl.edu!sirotto%maple.decnet

fmcphers@wookumz.ai.mit.edu (frank mcpherson) (02/11/91)

| >Problem: Can't download binary files with kermit.  yes, I have both the
| >-- Frank McPherson       INTERNET: emcphers@fox.cs.vt.edu --
|
| Use ZMODEM.  Works for me.

Already tried that.  Unfortunately, Zmodem doesn't work over Telnet, since
Telnet uses only 7 bits....

--
-- Frank McPherson     INTERNET: emcphers@fox.cs.vt.edu --