[comp.sys.amiga.datacomm] "Hope To See" Features in the next JR-COMM

astlc@acad2.alaska.edu (Tom Claydon) (02/09/91)

 Why not implement the same mouse-selectable "text grabber" that almost
every Mac term currently has? To be able to select text with the mouse,
and save it, modify it, etc. would be a real boon to me!

--
Tom Claydon, Electronics Technology  | "Marriage is the only
University of Alaska Anchorage       |  adventure open to the

paul@theborg.mlb.fl.us (Paul Aidukas, Sys Admin.) (02/09/91)

I REALLY need an ARexx port in JR-Comm!!  C'mon Jack... Please! :)
With all the modems and serial ports I have I can't watch and type to all the
screens at the same time if I want to logon to multiple systems.  If I had an
ARexx Port in JR-Comm I can do it all Automagically! And just check what I
have done from a logfile somewhere.....

| Paul Aidukas - Sysop --> Brevard MainFrame BBS! 407-952-6969 24 Hours  /\ |
| Courier HST 14.4    //    100% Full UUCP User Access via: C-Net BBS!   \/ |
| Aimiga 2500/020  _ //+  Melbourne, |     paul@theborg.mlb.fl.us     |  /\ |
| Later..........  \X/    Florida    | paul@olympus.mlb.fl.us!theborg | /\/\|

swann@acsu.buffalo.edu (stephen swann) (02/10/91)

In article <1991Feb8.222749.19507@ims.alaska.edu> astlc@acad2.alaska.edu writes:

> Why not implement the same mouse-selectable "text grabber" that almost
>every Mac term currently has? To be able to select text with the mouse,
>and save it, modify it, etc. would be a real boon to me!

Unless I misunderstand what you're saying (I am not familiar with the
Mac's "text grabber"), but what I think you just described Snap, which
is available on a Fish disk and is a lifesaver, a wonder, a totally
invaluable utility.  Telecommunications on the Amiga would be quite
a pain without it (for me) because of the >15 character, mixed Upper/Lower
case names that so many ftp sites seem to favor.  :-)

--
Steve Swann                   Speak to me in many voices,
swann@acsu.buffalo.edu          make them all sound like one...  - BOC

jprad@faatcrl.UUCP (Jack Radigan) (02/12/91)

paul@theborg.mlb.fl.us (Paul Aidukas, Sys Admin.) writes:

>I REALLY need an ARexx port in JR-Comm!!  C'mon Jack... Please! :)
>With all the modems and serial ports I have I can't watch and type to all the
>screens at the same time if I want to logon to multiple systems.  If I had an
>ARexx Port in JR-Comm I can do it all Automagically! And just check what I
>have done from a logfile somewhere.....

  ARexx will be forthcoming in the 1.1 release of JR-Comm.  How about some
suggestions on what you'd like to see in an ARexx port?  E-mail please..

  Sounds like you're getting alot of use out of JR-Comm, don't see your
name in my registered user database though...  Hint, hint.

  -jack-

dac@prolix.pub.uu.oz.au (Andrew Clayton) (02/12/91)

In article <970@faatcrl.UUCP>, Jack Radigan writes:

> paul@theborg.mlb.fl.us (Paul Aidukas, Sys Admin.) writes:
>
> >I REALLY need an ARexx port in JR-Comm!!  C'mon Jack... Please! :)

[deleted]

>   ARexx will be forthcoming in the 1.1 release of JR-Comm.  How about some
> suggestions on what you'd like to see in an ARexx port?  E-mail please..

Access to ALL the menu items via AREXX, would be numero uno. Ability to
change/specify the name of the AREXX port would be another.

I use JRCOMM .94 on occasions, but not very often. It would be cute to see it
with an Arexx interface.

Dac
--
 _l _  _   // Andrew Clayton. Canberra, Australia.         I Post  .
(_](_l(_ \X/  Send mail to dac@prolix.pub.uu.oz.au                . .  I am.