[comp.sys.amiga.datacomm] XPRZmodem V2.0d

torkell@ifi.uio.no (Torkel Lodberg) (02/17/91)

I just received the XPRZmodem.library V2.0d update which is supposed
to fix some bugs, and should also be quite a lot faster than the old
version. Unfortunately it does not work! I have tried sending a file
with SZ on a remote PC, and this new XPRZmodem.library is not even
able to start the transfer (it tells me that the transfer is timed out
although I can *see* that the remote machine is sending the right
things). V2.0 works fine, though.

Does anybody else have this problem? Is there a newer version than V2.0d?

Please note that this version has not been created by Rick Huebner,
the author of XPR Zmodem, but was made by Oliver Wagner - who lives in
germany.

T.Lodberg

FVEST@DUCVAX.AUBURN.EDU (Floyd Vest) (02/19/91)

[17 Feb 91] Torkel Lodberg <torkell@ifi.uio.no> wrote:
>I just received the XPRZmodem.library V2.0d update which is supposed
>to fix some bugs, and should also be quite a lot faster than the old
>version. Unfortunately it does not work! I have tried sending a file
>with SZ on a remote PC, and this new XPRZmodem.library is not even
>able to start the transfer (it tells me that the transfer is timed out
>although I can *see* that the remote machine is sending the right
>things). V2.0 works fine, though.

>Does anybody else have this problem? Is there a newer version than V2.0d?

I have v2.10 which is by Rick Huebner, and *it* has the same (or a similar)
problem.  I have downloaded with it successfully, but on an upload to a VAX
running the VMS version of Omen ZModem it fails to start ("one or more
files skipped") or even on one occasion u/l'd successfully and still
claimed failure.

--
Floyd Vest <fvest@ducvax.auburn.edu> <fvest@auducvax.bitnet>
Manager, Administrative Systems--Auburn University, Alabama USA

davis@soomee.zso.dec.com (Mark W. Davis) (02/20/91)

Try turning off the "auto-start" switch in your Zmodem options before you start
the U/L.

			Mark Davis

		  davis@soomee.zso.dec.com

jeffo@mrcnext.uiuc.edu (Jeffrey B Nicholson) (02/20/91)

[...]

In <472E3EE120003241@ducvax.auburn.edu> FVEST@DUCVAX.AUBURN.EDU (Floyd Vest) writes:
>I have v2.10 which is by Rick Huebner, and *it* has the same (or a similar)
>problem.  I have downloaded with it successfully, but on an upload to a VAX
[...]
>--
>Floyd Vest <fvest@ducvax.auburn.edu> <fvest@auducvax.bitnet>
>Manager, Administrative Systems--Auburn University, Alabama USA
>Voice: +1 205 844 4512  BBS: +1 205 745 3989  FIDO: 1:3613/3

Does Rick Huebner know about this?  I've had the same problem with v2.10.

Jeff
--
|*These opinions are mine*  This .signature is|...!uiuc.edu!jeffo  (UUCP'ish)|