[comp.sys.amiga.datacomm] Problem with ZModem uploads using newest VLT

barry@netcom.COM (Kenn Barry) (02/28/91)

[]
	Help! I just tried upgrading to VLT 5.034 last nite, and
ran into a problem with the external ZModem protocol. Downloads
worked fine, but uploading was a complete failure. Nothing would
happen for maybe 30 seconds; then the filename would appear in
the window (normal), and the upload, one might suppose, would
begin. It did not. Nothing happens for maybe another minute, then
packets start moving, but not many, and none are successfully
received. If allowed to sit long enough (another minute or more),
a retry would begin, but is never successful.

	I tried with both the 2.00 and 2.10 versions of
XPRZModem; same results. I tried both an explicit "rz" command on
the UNIX end, and letting my machine initiate the "rz"; same
results. I tried two different UNIX machines running rz/sz; same
results. I eventually went back to my old VLT (4.4something), and
everything was again fine, with either version of XPRZModem.

	I'm running an A1000 under 1.3, Telebit T1000 modem.
Anybody have any idea what's going on?

-  From the Crow's Nest  -                Kenn Barry
ELECTRIC AVENUE:    barry@netcom.com  OR  apple!netcom!barry

yorkw@stable.ecn.purdue.edu (Willis F York) (02/28/91)

barry@netcom.COM (Kenn Barry) writes:
>	I tried with both the 2.00 and 2.10 versions of
>XPRZModem; same results. I tried both an explicit "rz" command on
>the UNIX end, and letting my machine initiate the "rz"; same
>results. I tried two different UNIX machines running rz/sz; same
>results. I eventually went back to my old VLT (4.4something), and
>everything was again fine, with either version of XPRZModem.

Sounds like a Parity/#bits/ect. kinda problem.
Same thing happens to me

i can Send FROM Unix---> AMiga with Zmodem
but not   From  Amiga--> Unix.

I have no idea how to fix this, but apparently it only works 1 way.

Thus i use Kermit to go AMi->Uni.

But seems somthing odder is happening with you.

COuld there be a "newer" version of rz/sz on Unix that you should be using?
.

--
yorkw@ecn.purdue.edu
Willis F York