[comp.sys.amiga.datacomm] VLT

cs441215@umbc5.umbc.edu (cs441215) (02/27/91)

I am intrigued by this ability to run on the workbench screen.

What is the latest version of VLT and where can I find it? (FF#?)

Does it support kermit and perhaps zmodem or some other batch protocal?

Does it do VT100 emulation while on the WB screen?

Thanks!
Larry Augsburger

WGLP09@SLACVM.SLAC.STANFORD.EDU (02/28/91)

       VLT's latest version is 5.034. It is on one of the Fish disks
in the 450 - 460 range, I forget which one. A bug fix update to it
is still scheduled for this week. I don't know where to FTP it from,
I never had the need to do so... 8)
       VLT uses XPR's so yes it supports Kermit and ZMODEM. It also
emulates a VT100 reasonably well.

       Willy.
----------
Willy Langeveld - Bitnet: WGLP09 @ SLACVM - BIX: langeveld

conan@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu (Robert Faulkner) (03/01/91)

From: WGLP09@SLACVM.SLAC.STANFORD.EDU

>       VLT's latest version is 5.034. It is on one of the Fish disks
>in the 450 - 460 range, I forget which one. A bug fix update to it
>is still scheduled for this week. I don't know where to FTP it from,
>I never had the need to do so... 8)
>       VLT uses XPR's so yes it supports Kermit and ZMODEM. It also
>emulates a VT100 reasonably well.

VLT can be dloaded from abcfd20.larc.nasa.gov in the incoming/amiga/COMM/vlt
subdirectory.  Get it is great !!!  You will also want to dload the fifodev.lzh
file which will allow you to run a mini-BBS from vlt and also a direct link
to the CLI from a remote.  Great program the best comm on the Market.

Later

--

Robert Faulkner                              conan@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu
            ///                  Recursion:     Thinking