[comp.sys.amiga.datacomm] Walker Demo II--Where is it??

sirotto@MAPLE.CIRCA.UFL.EDU (Mike Cerrato) (02/27/91)

I just downloaded the trailer for Walker Demo II from
ab20.larc.nasa.gov thinking it was the full demo.  Does anyone know
where the full demo is or if it was ever put together?  Judging from
the trailer, it must be pretty impressive . . .
           ___  __
|\   |\   |    /  \	SirOtto -- Gallant Knight of a rather large, squarish
| \  | \  |   /		    table someplace in the West Panhandle of Florida.
|  \ |  \ |--<
|   \|   \|___\____/	Michael E. Cerrato -- University of Florida

Internet: sirotto%maple.decnet@pine.circa.ufl.edu
UUCP:	  ...!uunet!uflorida!pine.circa.ufl.edu!sirotto%maple.decnet

In article <27171@uflorida.cis.ufl.EDU> SIROTTO%oak.decnet@pine.circa.ufl.edu writes:
>I just downloaded the trailer for Walker Demo II from
>ab20.larc.nasa.gov thinking it was the full demo.  Does anyone know
>where the full demo is or if it was ever put together?  Judging from
>the trailer, it must be pretty impressive . . .

	It was never made. Imaginetics received nasty calls from
Lucas's lawyers and they had to give up the project. BTW,
distribution of the demos is now also illegal, although if there
is no charge nothing can really be done to you.

>           ___  __
>|\   |\   |    /  \	SirOtto -- Gallant Knight of a rather large, squarish
>| \  | \  |   /		    table someplace in the West Panhandle of Florida.
>|  \ |  \ |--<
>|   \|   \|___\____/	Michael E. Cerrato -- University of Florida
>
>Internet: sirotto%maple.decnet@pine.circa.ufl.edu
>UUCP:	  ...!uunet!uflorida!pine.circa.ufl.edu!sirotto%maple.decnet

	-- Ethan

	Upon leaving office, Ronald Reagan began renting an
office in the penthouse of the Fox Plaza, the Los Angeles
high-rise used as the location for the terrorist movie "Die
Hard".

jms@vanth.UUCP (Jim Shaffer) (03/01/91)

In article <27171@uflorida.cis.ufl.EDU> sirotto@MAPLE.CIRCA.UFL.EDU (Mike Cerrato) writes:
>I just downloaded the trailer for Walker Demo II from
>ab20.larc.nasa.gov thinking it was the full demo.  Does anyone know
>where the full demo is or if it was ever put together?  Judging from
>the trailer, it must be pretty impressive . . .

There's no such thing as far as I know.  In fact, the last I heard anything
about it they supposedly had to give up for legal reasons.

--
*  From the disk of:  | jms@vanth.uucp		     | "Glittering prizes and
Jim Shaffer, Jr.      | amix.commodore.com!vanth!jms | endless compromises

root@graphics.rent.com (Bob Lindabury) (03/02/91)

jms@vanth.UUCP (Jim Shaffer) writes:

> In article <27171@uflorida.cis.ufl.EDU> sirotto@MAPLE.CIRCA.UFL.EDU (Mike Cer
> >I just downloaded the trailer for Walker Demo II from
> >ab20.larc.nasa.gov thinking it was the full demo.  Does anyone know
> >where the full demo is or if it was ever put together?  Judging from
> >the trailer, it must be pretty impressive . . .
>
> There's no such thing as far as I know.  In fact, the last I heard anything
> about it they supposedly had to give up for legal reasons.

I put the WalkerII Demo up on ab20.  It is the full and only demo
that is out for WalkerII.  They had to stop because they ran into
legal problems with Lucasfilms because of the (what else?) walkers.

-- Bob

InterNet: root@graphics.rent.com                | Raven Enterprises
    UUCP: ...rutgers!bobsbox!graphics!root      | 25 Raven Avenue
  BitNet: root%graphics.rent.com@pucc           | Piscataway, NJ 08854
  Home #: 908/560-7353                          | 908/271-8878

chucks@pnet51.orb.mn.org (Erik Funkenbusch) (03/02/91)

sirotto@MAPLE.CIRCA.UFL.EDU (Mike Cerrato) writes:
>I just downloaded the trailer for Walker Demo II from
>ab20.larc.nasa.gov thinking it was the full demo.  Does anyone know
>where the full demo is or if it was ever put together?  Judging from
>the trailer, it must be pretty impressive . . .

Well, i have heard that the authors ran afould of LucasFilm and were
"convinced" not to continue the full demo.

>           ___  __
>|\   |\   |    /  \	SirOtto -- Gallant Knight of a rather large, squarish
>| \  | \  |   /		    table someplace in the West Panhandle of Florida.
>|   \|   \|___\____/	Michael E. Cerrato -- University of Florida
>
>Internet: sirotto%maple.decnet@pine.circa.ufl.edu
>UUCP:	  ...!uunet!uflorida!pine.circa.ufl.edu!sirotto%maple.decnet

UUCP: {amdahl!tcnet, crash}!orbit!pnet51!chucks
ARPA: crash!orbit!pnet51!chucks@nosc.mil
INET: chucks@pnet51.orb.mn.org