[comp.sys.amiga.datacomm] FAQ: Token ring adapter?

martin@cs.uiuc.edu (RoCCo mArtIn) (03/05/91)

Hello all,

	I'm thinking seriously about bringing my computer to sit on my
desk at work.  Unfortunately, the lab I work in uses a token-ring
environment.  I remember hearing about a token-ring adapter card once, but
the local dealer only knows about the ethernet cards.  Could anyone fill me
in on availability?  Along with this, please address the following
questions:

	1) Is the software that accompanies it netBios compatible?
	2) What data rates can it run at?
	3) What's the price range?

	Another option is to get an XT bridgeboard, and work can supply the
network card for me.  Does anybody know if there is anything about an XT
(as compared to an AT) that would keep it from running on the network?

					Thanks a ton in advance,
						- Rocco

--
Name:           Rocco Martin                                            |
Internet:       martin@cs.uiuc.edu, or roccom@tahoe.unr.edu           --+--

jms@vanth.UUCP (Jim Shaffer) (03/06/91)

In article <27D29161.3D48@ibma0.cs.uiuc.edu> martin@cs.uiuc.edu (RoCCo mArtIn) writes:

>	Another option is to get an XT bridgeboard, and work can supply the
>network card for me.  Does anybody know if there is anything about an XT
>(as compared to an AT) that would keep it from running on the network?

When I was in college, we had XTs running on a token ring.  Lots of them.

--
*  From the disk of:  | jms@vanth.uucp		     | "Speeding through the
Jim Shaffer, Jr.      | amix.commodore.com!vanth!jms | universe, Thinking is