[comp.sys.amiga.datacomm] VT240 emulation???

sanders@chopin.udel.edu (Robert M Sanders) (03/06/91)

Got quick question, just what the subject line says.  Does anyone know of a
PD or shareware vt240 emulator?  I've seen vt52's, vt100's, vt102's, and I
think I've seen a vt220, but I don't remember seeing a vt240 handler.
Has anyone seen or heard of one?  Any help would be muchly appreciated...

					Rob

WGLP09@SLACVM.SLAC.STANFORD.EDU (03/06/91)

The only way that a VT240 differs from a VT220 is the support of graphics.
VT240's do both Regis and Tektronix 4014. If all you need is Tektronix,
you might try VLT, although it really only does the VT100 subset of VT220
but on the other hand does most of Tektronix 4105. VLT doesn't do Regis.

       Willy.
----------
Willy Langeveld - Bitnet: WGLP09 @ SLACVM - BIX: langeveld

manes@vger.nsu.edu ((Mark D. Manes), Norfolk State University) (03/07/91)

In article <16576@chopin.udel.edu>, sanders@chopin.udel.edu (Robert M Sanders) writes:
> Got quick question, just what the subject line says.  Does anyone know of a
> PD or shareware vt240 emulator?  I've seen vt52's, vt100's, vt102's, and I
> think I've seen a vt220, but I don't remember seeing a vt240 handler.
> Has anyone seen or heard of one?  Any help would be muchly appreciated...

PD? Shareware?

I'd _PAY_ for a _REAL_ vt240 emulation!!!

> 					Rob

 -mark=

 +--------+   ==================================================
 | \/     |   Mark D. Manes   "Mr. AmigaVision,  The 32 bit guy"
 | /\  \/ |   manes@vger.nsu.edu
 |     /  |   (804) 683-2532    "Make up your own mind! - AMIGA"
 +--------+   ==================================================

sirotto@MAPLE.CIRCA.UFL.EDU (Mike Cerrato) (03/08/91)

Just out of curiosity, what is the difference between a VT220 and a
VT240?  Not that I've seen good VT220 emulation anywhere, anyway . . .

jsivier@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (Jonathon Sivier ) (03/09/91)

sirotto@MAPLE.CIRCA.UFL.EDU (Mike Cerrato) writes:

>Just out of curiosity, what is the difference between a VT220 and a
>VT240?  Not that I've seen good VT220 emulation anywhere, anyway . . .

    The vt240 has graphics capabilities.  It is useful for simple CAD
applications.

Jonathan

|  Jonathan Sivier               |  Ballo ergo sum.               |
|  jsivier@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu      |  (I dance therefore I am.)     |
|  Flight Simulation Lab         |	        - des Cartwright  |
|  Beckman Institute             |                                |
|  405 N. Mathews                |                                |
|  Urbana, IL  61801             |                                |