[comp.sys.amiga.datacomm] Lastest version of JRComm > 1.01 ?

ma892240@LUX.SAIT.EDU.AU (Michael Portmann) (03/10/91)

Simple question - I remember reading about the new version (V1.02) of JRComm
                  being "almost ready", Well, is it ?

  If so, and if you're out there reading this JR, How can I get the updated
version besides downloading it from the BBS (@$1.60 per min, it wouldn't work
out that cheap on a 2400 baud modem from Australia)
  I am a registered user of V1.01

  While I'm in my editor - Is the "feature" of swapping the DEL & BS keys
causing the chat line to use DEL as BS and BS as DEL "fixed" ?

Thanks,
       Mike.

    Michael Portmann
                           You can't hide, what is right, face the truth, LIAR
Unix : ma892240            You don't feel, you just steal, face the truth, LIAR
         @lux.sait.edu.au           - Yngwie J Malmsteen (Trilogy album)

VMS : ma892240                   These are my views, probably mine only
         @lv.sait.edu.au         and most likey not my institutions.

dave@cs.arizona.edu (Dave P. Schaumann) (03/10/91)

In article <9103091445.AA02903@lux.sait.edu.au> ma892240@LUX.SAIT.EDU.AU (Michael Portmann) writes:

>Simple question - I remember reading about the new version (V1.02) of JRComm
>                  being "almost ready", Well, is it ?

Well, when I called the Dynalogic BBS earlier this week (Monday, I think),
there was a message that Jack planned to have 1.02 "out the door" by this
weekend.  So, I would expect we can expect it almost any moment now.

As for getting the new version, I expect you have two choices: wait for the
disk to arrive via mail, or pay the toll charge to download it.

--
Dave Schaumann | dave@cs.arizona.edu | Short .sig's rule!