[comp.sys.amiga.datacomm] Problems with ZOO !!! HELP !!!

carson@darwin.ntu.edu.au (03/05/91)

Hi !

I have a problem with ZOO that I can't seem to be able to over come with
all the reading I have come ocross on the subject.

When I down load a zoo file on an empty disk and it is a fairly large one
and I do an extract on it.  I ahve the problem where it over fills the
disk and I don't get the whole of the files.

QUESTION ?  Is there away to send the output of a ZOO extract comand
to another disk?

Any help with this would be most greatfully recieved.

Thanks John Carson--

  __ |\  John Carson                   \   Ph:       (089)466207
 -  -  \  Northern Territory University \  Fax:      (089)466454
/       \ PO Box 40146,CASUARINA,NT,0811 \ Inter: Carson@darwin.ntu.edu.au
\_.--.__/ Australia.
       v            "The best is yet to come when everyone has an AMIGA"

dboer@let.rug.nl (A. de Boer) (03/05/91)

I do not think it is possible to change the destination drive, but it
should be possible to extract on a drive different from the one the
compressed file is on. What you should, and let us assume that you
have a two drive system, is put the zoo file in A:, a blank diskette
in B: and then give the command zoo e a:file.zoo <ENTER> from B: (Make
sure to have zoo in the path). Should work, I hope ....

							Ale.
Ale de Boer                            dboer@let.rug.nl

sirotto@MAPLE.CIRCA.UFL.EDU (Mike Cerrato) (03/06/91)

In article <1991Mar5.195929.697@darwin.ntu.edu.au>, carson@darwin.ntu.edu.au writes:
>I have a problem with ZOO that I can't seem to be able to over come with
>all the reading I have come ocross on the subject.
>
>When I down load a zoo file on an empty disk and it is a fairly large one
>and I do an extract on it.  I ahve the problem where it over fills the
>disk and I don't get the whole of the files.
>
>QUESTION ?  Is there away to send the output of a ZOO extract comand
>to another disk?
>
>Any help with this would be most greatfully recieved.
>
>Thanks John Carson--

SID 1.06 does this.  If you put it in the explore mode (click on the
arrow and it turns orange) and choose unarc it will dezoo to the
directory in the other window.
           ___  __
|\   |\   |    /  \	SirOtto -- Gallant Knight of a rather large, squarish
| \  | \  |   /		    table someplace in the West Panhandle of Florida.
|  \ |  \ |--<
|   \|   \|___\____/	Michael E. Cerrato -- University of Florida

Internet: sirotto%maple.decnet@pine.circa.ufl.edu
UUCP:	  ...!uunet!uflorida!pine.circa.ufl.edu!sirotto%maple.decnet

fhwri%CONNCOLL.BITNET@yalevm.ycc.yale.edu (03/07/91)

> I do not think it is possible to change the destination drive, but it
> should be possible to extract on a drive different from the one the
> compressed file is on. What you should, and let us assume that you
> have a two drive system, is put the zoo file in A:, a blank diskette
> in B: and then give the command zoo e a:file.zoo <ENTER> from B: (Make
> sure to have zoo in the path). Should work, I hope ....
>
>                                                       Ale.
> --
> Ale de Boer                            dboer@let.rug.nl

ZOO, ARC, and LHARC all write to whatever the current directory is. All
you have to do is CD to the disk you want to write to. You can put the
archiving program in RAM: or your C directory or wherever, and the archive
wherever as well. For example, for an archive in RAM: and the archiving
program in C:, to decrunch the archive to df1:, do this:
1> CD df1:
1> ZOO x RAM:filename.zoo

and you're set. Just remember that all the archiving programs always
write to the current directory as a default. If you want to write to another
directory or device, make the line read

1> ZOO X RAM:filename DXX:*

                                                --Rick Wrigley
                                                fhwri@conncoll.bitnet
                                        ~~~---second-hand smoke is
THEFT---~~~

jms@vanth.UUCP (Jim Shaffer) (03/08/91)

In article <46753@nigel.ee.udel.edu> fhwri%CONNCOLL.BITNET@yalevm.ycc.yale.edu writes:

>and you're set. Just remember that all the archiving programs always
>write to the current directory as a default. If you want to write to another
>directory or device, make the line read
>
>1> ZOO X RAM:filename DXX:*

I was under the impression that only LHARC allowed you to specify the
destination.  You're right about zoo, arc, etc. extracting to whatever your
current directory is, though.

--
*  From the disk of:  | jms@vanth.uucp		     | "Speeding through the
Jim Shaffer, Jr.      | amix.commodore.com!vanth!jms | universe, Thinking is

dlnghrst@telstr.UUCP (David Langhorst) (03/10/91)

To unZOO to another drive/partition/directory/whathaveyou just CD there and,
well, an example...

1.RAM DISK:> cd dh0:
1.HARD DISK:> zoo x ram:file

The contents of RAM:file will unarc to the HD...it could also be...

1.HARD DISK:telecomm/downloads> cd df0:utilities
1.DISK #1:utilities> zoo x dh0:utilities/file

I hope this helps...

   /|        _ |\      --- My opinions are better than your opinions! ---
  /_||\/| | / _|_\     ---  David Langhorst..... AKA Ivan D Terrible  ---