[comp.sys.amiga.datacomm] JrComm 1.01 bug?

skwood@acsu.buffalo.edu (Scott K Wood) (03/12/91)

    Yesterday I ran into an intersting bug with Jrcomm.  I was doing a LOT
of Zmodem transfers from the VAX here at school to my Amiga.  As usual
I had the Disk Check option on to make sure I had enough space on my
floppys (yeah, no hard drive..8-() before I started the download.  While
I was transferring a 400K+ file, the VAX dropped carrier on me and thus
left me with about 40K from a 400K.
     Luckily, Zmodem has the nice resume feature so my download was not a
complete waste.  However, when I tried to RESUME the transfer, Jrcomm
insisted that there was not enough space on the disk for the remaining
360K of the file.  Immediately, I switched to the CLI and did an 'Info'
on the disks.  According to the CLI, the disk had about 380K left on it.
From what I saw during the transfer, Jrcomm checks disk space BEFORE
seeing if the file transfer is a RESUME transfer.  Thus, when I asked
JrComm to resume the download, it was sent the filename and size by the
VAX and then thought I was doing the COMPLETE 400K download.  Since there
wasn't 400K left on the disk, it said there wasn't enough space.
     Has anyone else experiance this problem?  It certainly isn't a
fatal problem or anything, but simply a minor annoyance remedied by
shutting off the disk check option.

                                          Scott
                                   BITNET : v092mgp5@ubvms.bitnet
                                 INTERNET : v092mgp5@ubvms.cc.buffalo.edu
                                            skwood@acsu.buffalo.edu

jprad@faatcrl.UUCP (Jack Radigan) (03/12/91)

skwood@acsu.buffalo.edu (Scott K Wood) writes:

>From what I saw during the transfer, Jrcomm checks disk space BEFORE
>seeing if the file transfer is a RESUME transfer.

  This bug has been fixed for the 1.02 release.

  -jack-