[comp.sys.amiga.datacomm] Software MNP5

kelson@ais.org (David Lewis) (02/18/91)

  I think this question has already been asked.. but does anyone
know of a SOFTWARE mnp5 out for the amiga?  Or does anyone know where
I might get some code or docs on mnp5? any help would be GREATLY
appreciated...

--

Internet: Kelson@ais.org

dlb28311@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (David Black) (03/18/91)

I just finished reading some articles on comp.dcom.modems, and speaking
with a friend who was running a software MNP5 program on his IBM PC
(called MTEZ).I wonder if anyone has done any similar hacks for the
Amiga, as the idea is certainly achievable, and I would think, be
quite useful for text output. This subject may have already been
discussed, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask again.

   David Black     University of Illinois Materials Research Laboratory
                   dlb28311@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu or black@uimrl3.mrl.uiuc.edu
                   Bitnet:   black@uiucmrl
                   Usenet:   uunet!uimrl7.mrl.uiuc.edu!black%uimrl.dnet

rudy@dorn.ruhr.de (Rudolf Neuhaus) (03/20/91)

In article <1991Mar18.030100.24020@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu>, David Black writes:

> I just finished reading some articles on comp.dcom.modems, and speaking
> with a friend who was running a software MNP5 program on his IBM PC
> (called MTEZ).I wonder if anyone has done any similar hacks for the
> Amiga, as the idea is certainly achievable, and I would think, be
> quite useful for text output. This subject may have already been
> discussed, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask again.

And the most interesting would be to put it into the serial.device, so any
term program could use it. But I guess MNP5 would slow things down, so you
would be better off using MNP4.
But where could you get the specifications of MNP - and is there a source
of the serial.dvice available?
Rudy
 Rudolf Neuhaus, Kreuzstr. 144 |__o_/  \rudy@dorn.ruhr.de
 4600 Dortmund 1,   Germany    |  \\    international only to:
 Tel. +49-231-103703           |  / \   ckcb01@DDOHRZ11.bitnet, please