[comp.sys.amiga.datacomm] Three

hrmeyer@ucselx.sdsu.edu (meyer h) (03/22/91)

In article <11280@jarthur.Claremont.EDU> drichard@jarthur.Claremont.EDU (David Richards) writes:

>Third and final dumb question:  Last night I downloaded the bug fix version
>5.045 of VLT and VLTjr from ab20.  When I put them in place they refused to
>run scripts at startup when I clicked the script icons.  Everything worked
>fine with VLT 5.034.  Has anyone esle had this problem, or am I just stupid?
>Can anyone tell me how to run a script from an icon under VLT 5.045?

I'm in the same boat there - had a set up with VLTjr 5.034 and a one-line
script to dial the campus modem pool.  Worked fine until I copied VLTjr
5.045 over it.  I'm not sure how to redirect this to datacomm where it's
more likely to get Willy's attention, but I'll try typing in stuff in the
header.

Harry R. Meyer   hrmeyer@ucselx.sdsu.edu

WGLP09@SLACVM.SLAC.STANFORD.EDU (03/23/91)

        Well, I guess there must be a bug with running scripts from
icons *somewhere* in VLT, but right now I have no clue why or where.
Need I say that it doesn't happen here... 8(
        It'll be fixed in the next version. Meanwhile, I have been told
that if the script lives in rexx: then it works anyway, so make a copy
of it and put it in rexx:...

        Willy.
Willy Langeveld - Bitnet: WGLP09 @ SLACVM - BIX: langeveld