[comp.sys.amiga.datacomm] More on FifoBBS question

sjk@ut-emx.uucp (Phil Alvin) (03/27/91)

Well, a little more fiddling around and I got FifoBBS to run
throught the CLI (no luck getting it to interact with VLT), but I
still have some serious problems.  I am getting all sorts of errors
in the AREXX script itself. First, it complained about the line:
SIGNAL ON FAILURE
then later it complained about an unknown function call in the
series of lines beginning with
if ~exists(BBSusers) then call Makedir(BBSusers).

I'm suspecting that I have an outdated version of AREXX. I have
version 1.06. Is this the problem? And how do I get it to run
through VLT?  I've mounted FIFO:, initiated AREXX with a rexxmast
command, started VLT and turned on the pipes.  I then go back to a
CLI and do a rx fifobbs local and it comes up with another of its
errors and then asks me to log ion via the CLI.  I could only get
it to recognize the sysop account after creating all the FifoBBS:
directories myself.

If my problem is with an old version of AREXX, does anyone have a
phone # or E-mail address for Willam Hawes and company?

Any help is much appreciated.

Scot
sjk@emx.utexas.edu

--
I remain:
sjk@emx.utexas.edu

WGLP09@SLACVM.SLAC.STANFORD.EDU (03/28/91)

That is indeed your problem. FifoBBS uses several features only found
in ARexx 1.10 and up, come to think of it. I guess that should have
been in the documentation... 8^) (By the way, if you're wondering why
my smileys look funny, it's because our IBM mangles the caret character).
You can get Bill Hawes at the following address:

         William S. Hawes
         P.O. Box 308
         Maynard MA 01754
         tel. (617) 568-8695

    Willy.

ler@lerami.lonestar.org (Larry Rosenman) (03/28/91)

In article  <91086.140411WGLP09@SLACVM.SLAC.STANFORD.EDU>, WGLP09@SLACVM.SLAC.STANFORD.EDU writes:
>You can get Bill Hawes at the following address:
>
>         William S. Hawes
>         P.O. Box 308
>         Maynard MA 01754
>         tel. (617) 568-8695
               ^^^^^
               Just a quick correction, Bill's area code is 508.  That happened about 1.5 years
ago.  617 will NOT work any more.

-----
--
Larry Rosenman INTERNET: ler@lerami.lonestar.org UUCP: uunet!letni!lerami!ler
BIX: ler  CIS: 73547,3201 PLINK: LER GEnie: LEROSENMAN