[comp.sys.amiga.datacomm] VLTjr under AmiDock -- problems!!

niobium@arrakis.nevada.edu (Christopher W. Carlson) (04/02/91)

Help!

I just got the program AmiDock from one of the more recent Fish disks and am
trying to install VLTjr to run under it, but am having BIG problems.

If I tell AmiDock to run VLTjr in a CLI environment, the program starts, shows
that it is running when I do a `stat' in my Shell, but no window shows and,
therefore I am unable to USE it, right?  If I tell AmiDock to use a WorkBench
environment, the computer simply Gurus (I forgot to write down the message --
whoops!) and that's that.

Can anybody out there help me?  I'd love to use AmiDock in an everyday setting,
and even pay the shareware fee, but if I can't get the best term program out
to work with it, I'll stick with a CLI-only setting...

Thanks in advance for any advice.

-=* CWC
--
   )   _                | | But I like it when that        // | Free        _
|\/ | (_) |B | (_) (\/) * | lightning comes!!! -- The Cure Z7 | Yourself!_ //

WGLP09@SLACVM.SLAC.STANFORD.EDU (04/03/91)

The easy solution is to dump AmiDock... 8^) I don't know AmiDock, but is
there a place where you tell it how much stack to use? Make sure it is
at least 10000.

       Willy.
----------
Willy Langeveld - Bitnet: WGLP09 @ SLACVM - BIX: langeveld

ekarlin@csws15.ic.sunysb.edu (Erik S Karlin) (04/04/91)

   I am having the same problems when I use AmiDock to run newshell

   When I click on the newshell "icon" I get harddrive access but nothing
   comes up.  If I change it to Workbench...my machine guru's immediately
   I played with the arguments by sending it the newcon stuff and it comes up
   sometimes...but usually nothing happens.

   I don't think I am guru-ing because of the stack since I tried adding
   the newshell as a new item...using the load button and use C: as the path
   and newshell as the file and it just fills in the stack value...I guess
   it gets it from somewhere.  It filled in 4096 and that didn't work so
   I tried like 40000 and that didn't work either.  I think the program is
   a must for HD users but I would like it to get it to work for anything
   before I send in $25.

   BTW- I have a brand new 2000HD.
        Also it works for everything else I use it for:
	Aquarium , Ncomm , Excellence , ...

	but all of those have an associated icon for the path I use to
	run them...

   Please help....

   Erik

   ekarlin@csserv1.ic.sunysb.edu

mcw@well.sf.ca.us (Martin Warnett) (04/05/91)

niobium@arrakis.nevada.edu (Christopher W. Carlson) writes:

>Help!

>I just got the program AmiDock from one of the more recent Fish disks and am
>trying to install VLTjr to run under it, but am having BIG problems.

I use AmiDock and VLTjr all the time. Works fine for me. Don't
know what to tell you other than to make sure you set the stack
size to 10K.

AmiDock is a very nice program., IMHO.