[comp.sys.amiga.datacomm] JR-Comm bug? Or me?

sl242003@silver.ucs.indiana.edu (Jon Paul Baker) (04/01/91)

Problem:  I am using morerows to overscan workbench.  JR-Comm comes up
with the full overscanned screen width/height.  When I log into a VAX
running ULTRIX, with stty set to 28 rows, 88 columns and use RN to
read newsgroups, JR-Comm scrolls from the 25th row.

If I pull up the TERMINAL Parameters requester and click once again on
VT102, it works fine AFTER that.

Is this JR-Comm?  (I would think so since the problem goes away after
reselecting VT102.)  BTW:  The default terminal emulation in the
config file is VT102, and my TERM on the UNIX box is vt100.

markg@amix.commodore.com (Mark Gardner) (04/01/91)

sl242003@silver.ucs.indiana.edu (Jon Paul Baker) writes:

> Problem:  I am using morerows to overscan workbench.  JR-Comm comes up
<details of host setup>
> read newsgroups, JR-Comm scrolls from the 25th row.
>
> Is this JR-Comm?  (I would think so since the problem goes away after
> reselecting VT102.)  BTW:  The default terminal emulation in the
> config file is VT102, and my TERM on the UNIX box is vt100.

<I'm assuming you're using v1.01 of JR-Comm>

Make sure the radio-button for "Force 80 x 25" is off.

--
"Reversing entropy is every-   | Mark J. Gardner   --  "Accidental Angel"
------ body's business!" ------|------------------------------------------

dhansen@amiganet.chi.il.us (Dave Hansen) (04/06/91)

>Problem:  I am using morerows to overscan workbench.  JR-Comm comes up
>with the full overscanned screen width/height.  When I log into a VAX
>running ULTRIX, with stty set to 28 rows, 88 columns and use RN to
>read newsgroups, JR-Comm scrolls from the 25th row.

You might try adding an initialization string to your VAX termdef.  Following
the RKM, use a <CSI>(#rows in decimal)t and a <CSI>(#cols in dec.)u
where <CSI> is either 0x9b or 0x1b || '['.  Check out the chapter on
console.device.  You may need to adjust these settings in your is=xxx termdef
entry for a VT emulation, as these are ansi escape sequences.

voice: (708)691-4747             Internet:dhansen@amiganet.chi.il.us

dhansen@amiganet.chi.il.us (Dave Hansen) (04/06/91)

>You might try adding an initialization string to your VAX termdef.  Following
OOPS!  I meant termcap not termdef.
>console.device.  You may need to adjust these settings in your is=xxx termdef
OOPS! again termcap.

voice: (708)691-4747             Internet:dhansen@amiganet.chi.il.us

jpbaker@silver.ucs.indiana.edu (Jon P Baker) (04/09/91)

I found another way around it.  If I clear the screen on JR-Comm
(RAmi-X) it scrolls at the right place.  I have done a stty on my UNIX
account to 28 rows and 88 columns.  What's weird is that it does this
off and on.  When I first start the program it always does it, and
then just sometimes.

(BTW:  I do NOT have 80x25 forced on)

Jon

--